“Good Breakfast and cute decor”
Review of That 50's Place - CLOSED

That 50's Place
Cuisines: American
Petersburg, IL
“Good Breakfast and cute decor”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We (4 adults) stopped at That 50's place on the way to Chicago for breakfast on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013. My husband and I had been there before for dinner on the way home from Chicago a few years ago. The service was really good and the food was as well. We didn't have to wait long, at all, for our breakfast. They weren't too busy when we were there around 10:00am. As mentioned in some of the other posts, the bathroom isn't the best/cleanest, but it is shared with the attached gas station so you have to go into the gas station to the restrooms. I don't think I experienced one clean gas station restroom on our entire weekend trip....

• Visited September 2013

Homer
“greasy spoon diner”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Yes, it looks like a fun bebopin place with colorful statuettes of Betty Boop dressed in a waitress outfit and a rock'n life size display of the Blues Brothers singing, but getting down to business and the real reason we were drawn into this joint was for food. We were hungry and this seemed as good a place as any a stop along I55. While our server was very nice, the food was only so-so. Fried greasy food is just not our style.

• Visited July 2013
Alsip, Illinois
“Good food, good prices”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

A decent stop for breakfast. We also did a dinner stop at a different time but didn't find the food as good. Both times the restaurant had its share of regular customers who got a bit loud, but there is enough seating that we just moved. Cute decor too!

Chicago, IL
“One of THE BEST restaurants we visited on our trip!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Took a trip to Missouri from Chicago - drove along 55 and came across this little gem. I can't say enough good things about the service, atmosphere or food. I ordered the fried pork tenderloin sandwich with fries - AMAZING!!! Big enough to feed two people!! Was very very pleased. I would actually drive to this place just to eat....forgot the "Oh it's on the way to...... business"

1 Thank XJ650Rocks!
Springfield Illinois
“Great Saturday Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I have eaten luch at this restaurant several times and like it very much but never breakfast. I stopped there mid-morning on a Saturday and they had a wonderful, huge breakfast buffet for less than $10. They just started doing Saturday breakfast around Easter time.
They had chicken fired steak, bacon, sausage, three different kinds of eggs fixed a variety of ways to inculde meat and vegetables. Chef Bret was standing by to make a fresh Belgium Waffle and keep the line fresh.
There were two French Toast offering, one the regular style and the other a wonderful version stuffed with a fresh made vanilla cream and covered with a strawberry concoction similar to preserves. It was like desert.
The best part for me was the Chicken fried steak. Very thin and, not chewy and the crispy coating was perfect. I ate two.
The decor of the place is very retro which besides the good food is one of the reasons I stop and eat there. It seeems like many of the patrons are local and that is always a good sign along an interstate.
Stop in to eat and get your picture taken with The Blues Brothers, Betty Boop or Elvis.

1 Thank kentdan1