“Good Dinner Stop”

Marion
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Dinner Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very good food and friendly service. Burgers are big, fresh fries and great onion rings. Greek pork chops were very good and served with rice, Greek roasted potatoes and mini Greek style salad. Soup with everything. we'll stop in there again.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Angela S

Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
“Awesome surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I were traveling from O'Hare to our home in Eureka, IL and took the Dwight exit to have a Subway sandwich. Then we saw a large "Bar and Grill" sign and decided to try this instead. We didn't go to the restaurant, but the bar instead. We entered into a warm, cozy atmosphere with a wood burning stove. Festive Saint Patrick's day decorations and lights adorned the bar. We decided to sit at the bar, have a drink and order from the menu. We were greeted by the lovely bartender, Becky, who served us drinks and food from the restaurant. I absolutely love Samuel Adams beer and it was on tap and I was in heaven. My husband enjoyed a Stoli on the rocks which was generously poured. I ordered the veggie pizza (their pizzas are homemade) and my husband ordered the porterhouse steak. Both were delicious, in fact, my husband (who is a chef!) said it was the best steak he has had in a restaurant in many years. We also enjoyed a glass of wine for $3.50 a glass (unbelievable!). What a great surprise on I-55. We both decided we will return again and again. Thanks to Becky, too, she is a sweetheart.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank maryjon4845
London
“Home Cooked Food at Old Fashioned Route 66 Diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Time for lunch and we turned off the interstate. The restaurants listed on the board at the exit showed Peter’s Restaurant with a plate and knife and fork. The rest were fast food places where you order at the counter. We fancied waiter service. Peter’s is at the edge of the area and has the look that its heyday was before the interstate replaced Route 66.

Inside were quite a few diners. We were offered a table or booth, we took the latter by the window. The menu is large offering all you could expect and more. I chose Broasted Chicken with Texas Potatoes. I assumed broasted mean a combination of broiling and roasting, but it turned out to be more like a KFC coating. The potatoes were giant wedges in a light batter. I also had a side salad which was very good. Mrs P. Had a Greek Salad, with feta, olives and anchovies which was huge and she was well pleased. A basket of large homemade bread rolls arrived.

The food was cooked to order, service was friendly as were the prices. If you want a change from national fast food chains and have a few more minutes to wait for food to be freshly prepared, give Peter’s Restaurant a try. I think you’ll be pleased.

Visited October 2013