“Great Food and View tops that!!”

Timmerman's Supper Club
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in East Dubuque
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Timmerman's Supper Club was built and established in 1961 by Helen Timmerman. Helen's vision for fine dining resulted in a great reputation for superb food, cocktails and weekly entertainment. In 1985 the restaurant was purchased by David and Patti Thiltgen, who later sold it in 1998 to Juan and Sandy Rodriguez. During those years the two current owners; Mark Hayes and Gary Neuses started working at the Supper Club. Between the two of them they have over 50 years experience at Timmerman's Supper Club. They purchased the restaurant in 2003 and have been working very hard to continue to build on Helen Timmerman's legacy of excellence. Timmerman's Supper Club overlooks the Mississippi River Valley; where the food and beverages are as spectacular as the view. The restaurant features floor to ceiling windows on three sides, allowing for a great view no matter where you are seated. It is definitely a place you will want to stop when you are in the Tri-State area!
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went with a group on a Saturday night. they had lots of room. Busy but still good service. 8 people and each one had compliments on the food. New waitress and she had a couple problems but her attitude and smile kept everyone happy. The view is to kill at sunset. Decor is dated but inline with a Supper Club atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I loved the view and the food. The waiting service was fantastic.
The filet was superb, as well as, the rest of the meal.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were at Timmerman's on Sunday August 3 for evening dinner. We called ahead to reserve a spot so we could be seated near the window. Although they couldn't make any promises, we ended up with a very nice spot overlooking the pretty landscape, with a great view of a bald eagle in a tree not far away.
The food was very good. We are restaurant food snobs from the Chicago area (I chuckle when I say it, but it seems we are often disappointed when we leave the homefront and venture out to restaurants outside of the Chicago area), and the meal was as good as if not better (especially the prices) than what we have at home. My husband ordered the seafood platter - pricey, but the quality was excellent. I ordered the strip steak - perfectly cooked and huge (16 ounces I think). The salads were fresh and the blue cheese dressing was outstanding. My husband ordered the soup, and he enjoyed it very much.
Our server was exceptional. She did not rush us, yet she appeared when we needed her. She did her job well, and did exactly what we expect a server to do, including REMEMBERING WHO ORDERED WHAT, instead of asking us who ordered what when the food was to be placed in front of us.
The rolls, sorry to say, were pretty bland and dry. That was the only disappointment.
We shared a piece of some kind of quadruple chocolate cake for dessert that was fantastic.
The restaurant was very clean, and especially considering that they serve a brunch on Sundays, it was picked up and pretty much spotless. The fact that it is a mix of styles from the 1960's through the present didn't bother me since it was so clean and un-worn.
This is a restaurant that my husband would visit with his parents when he was a child, and he wanted to go back one more time before we retire and leave the midwest. I'm glad he took me along for the visit, it was such a nice experience. Also, the manager/owner came to our table and answered some of the questions my husband had about the history of Timmerman's which was very kind.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Great views, good food, good service. Definitely worth the trip from Galena. But I'm sorry, I can't believe every one calls it a supper club. No relish tray, no supper club. And shame on Timmermans for breaking one of the cardinal rules of supper club menus and misleading true supper club devotees all these years.

3  Thank Joker724
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Without hesitation I would recommend this restaurant for great steaks and service. Highly recommend making a reservation. Still might have to wait.
Well worth the wait...be patient!

Been to Timmerman's Supper Club? Share your experiences!