“Stayed 2 nights charged for 4 and called a liar!”

Comfort Inn & Suites East Moline
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Moline
Greeley
“Stayed 2 nights charged for 4 and called a liar!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed for 2 nights but 4 nights came out of my bank account. The front desk told my wife that they charged me for 3 nights because I checked out an hour and a half late. So what is going on? I was also charged $150.00 fee for smoking in my room when I did not smoke in there. I was not even made aware of the charges when I checked out. I found out when I checked my bank account. My wife worked at a Choice hotel. They can work with you in situations like this. This hotel is choosing not to. I would not stay here again or recommend this hotel. I tried to talk with them and clear my name and they called me a liar and said I was harassing them. No manager was willing to speak with me.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank B S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Elm Grove, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The booking policy discriminates against your team. There is no way they will amend the origional reservations regaurdless of circumstances. The excersize room has one old treadmill and a squeeky recumbant bike. Eggs were cold and ran out, waffle iron need to be replaced. Shower went cold. Pool was small. the only downer in an otherwise great tournament weekend.... don't bring your team here.... as a team manager from wisconsin I was emberrassed

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these East Moline hotels

Clinton, WI
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Frequently stay with the Choice hotel chain. This Comfort Suites is average, they are in the process of a re-model, would benefit by adding flat screen TV'S to the rooms. Upon check-in, the elevator and room was HOT, no air movement. Rooms we're clean & quiet, very accessible location, and good value. Breakfast was average with a very bubbly hostess, other employees we're pleasant for the most part.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tatrish464
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Staff were beyond rude. When I made the reservations I was assured they would extend pool hours because we were there for my daughters birthday/tournament. When we got there the woman behind counter called me a liar and refused to let kids swim past 9. My kids were sitting beside me eating in dining area when the same staff member came in yelling my kids were being too loud up on the 2nd floor...we weren't even located on the 2nd floor. The next morning my husband took a cold shower and when confronted a different front desk clerk she got smart with him and told him to get over it. Manager was very unresponsive and unprofessional. The only friendly person was the woman putting breakfast out. Very good attitude unlike any other staff we ran into. She was very friendly and helpful

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kristy H
Milligan College, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 April 2013

it was very quiet despite a high school golf group being in town. it is centrally located near all kinds of stuff in the quad cities area. the maids honored our "do not disturb" sign the entire time and their breakfast menu rotated. i was very surprised, and pleased, to see bacon more than once.

good job and very good about answering emails, much better than other choice hotels i have stayed at over the last year or so.

Room Tip: restaurant is technically perkins, but still good. any room seemed to be good, but i would avoid the...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank VTennis1370
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I have been staying at this hotel several times a year for the past 6 years and only because they honor the government rate and it is 5 mins from Black Hawk College were I have to work. Never seem to ne able to get Luke warm water forget hot it doesn't exist. Be sure to take a shower before you stay. Even the water in the pool is warmer. But the staff is friendly and room ok nothing fancy. Outdated furniture and small old TV.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Dacholmes
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

Very charming hotel along with a very friendly staff. Hotel seems very clean and well taken care of.

Rooms have not been updated to flat screen tv's - but the valu is awesome.

Again highly recommend if you are looking to stay in the east moline, iIl area

• Stayed November 2012
Super 8 Le Claire/Quad Cities
Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Hampton Inn & Suites Moline-Quad City International Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites East Moline? Share your experiences!