“Satisfactory”

Comfort Inn & Suites East Moline
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Moline
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed 1 night on way to Sturgis rally. We basically just crashed for the night. The bed was very comfortable, room was clean, shower was good. Standard continental bkfst. No complaints. We paid apx $100 for the night.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank SuffernDebanddon

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The hotel was remodeled about june 2013, with new washbasins and new lamps. They also removed all the towel racks, so you cannot hang up any towels now. They also raised the prices about $15 a night. The rooms are average, the heat/cool stays running all the time, does not cycle. This can good or bad, depending on whether you like the breeze all night. Breakfast is average for comfort inn, heavy on sugar and cholesterol. All cereals have added sugar, and the hot breakfast is heavy on egg yolks or greasy meat. The yogurt is also very heavy on sugar. So, there are not too many healthy choices for breakfast, if that's what you want. Breakfast place nearby also.
The towel rack thing is really weird to me, you have to put your wet towel down on the floor, or on the toilet. What if you wanted to use it again? Same for the vanity, you have to put the towel on the vanity top. They said removal of towel racks is corporate policy now, which I don't believe.
I have stayed here out of convenience many, many times. The exercise room is small, and the treadmill is old and makes huge amount of noise. On balance, I think it's a tiny bit overpriced for what you get, but just an OK hotel to stay at. There are other nicer hotels nearer the airport, but they are just slightly more money. The hotel that starts with La then Q... is cheaper. The remodeling I think was a waste, but they did change the carpets, so that's a plus. The new lamps are hideous, but that's an opinion. Don't confuse this hotel for the C.Inn in Moline. This hotel is technically is in East Moline.
I have had issues with noisy neighbors in this hotel. The walls are not thick, and unthinking folks can disturb/wake you easily. Saturday nights with a "party" of some kind can be challenging, because folks talk in the halls and its hard to block out the noise.
The staff is generally good, and I have seem many of them. They do replenish the breakfast when needed. The waffle Iron is indeed on deaths door. It is coated with black soot, and you must bathe it with the spray lubricant liberally or you get a sticky mess. It is, indeed, a joke.
Bottom line: Not great, not terrible. Little overpriced by my yardstick.

Room Tip: Third floor has no "reindeer on the roof" effect above you. Try to get the third floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed for 2 nights but 4 nights came out of my bank account. The front desk told my wife that they charged me for 3 nights because I checked out an hour and a half late. So what is going on? I was also charged $150.00 fee for smoking in my room when I did not smoke in there. I was not even made aware of the charges when I checked out. I found out when I checked my bank account. My wife worked at a Choice hotel. They can work with you in situations like this. This hotel is choosing not to. I would not stay here again or recommend this hotel. I tried to talk with them and clear my name and they called me a liar and said I was harassing them. No manager was willing to speak with me.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank B S
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The booking policy discriminates against your team. There is no way they will amend the origional reservations regaurdless of circumstances. The excersize room has one old treadmill and a squeeky recumbant bike. Eggs were cold and ran out, waffle iron need to be replaced. Shower went cold. Pool was small. the only downer in an otherwise great tournament weekend.... don't bring your team here.... as a team manager from wisconsin I was emberrassed

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Frequently stay with the Choice hotel chain. This Comfort Suites is average, they are in the process of a re-model, would benefit by adding flat screen TV'S to the rooms. Upon check-in, the elevator and room was HOT, no air movement. Rooms we're clean & quiet, very accessible location, and good value. Breakfast was average with a very bubbly hostess, other employees we're pleasant for the most part.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tatrish464
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Staff were beyond rude. When I made the reservations I was assured they would extend pool hours because we were there for my daughters birthday/tournament. When we got there the woman behind counter called me a liar and refused to let kids swim past 9. My kids were sitting beside me eating in dining area when the same staff member came in yelling my kids were being too loud up on the 2nd floor...we weren't even located on the 2nd floor. The next morning my husband took a cold shower and when confronted a different front desk clerk she got smart with him and told him to get over it. Manager was very unresponsive and unprofessional. The only friendly person was the woman putting breakfast out. Very good attitude unlike any other staff we ran into. She was very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristy H
Reviewed 4 April 2013

it was very quiet despite a high school golf group being in town. it is centrally located near all kinds of stuff in the quad cities area. the maids honored our "do not disturb" sign the entire time and their breakfast menu rotated. i was very surprised, and pleased, to see bacon more than once.

good job and very good about answering emails, much better than other choice hotels i have stayed at over the last year or so.

Room Tip: restaurant is technically perkins, but still good. any room seemed to be good, but i would avoid the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview
Radisson on John Deere Commons
La Quinta Inn Moline Airport
Holiday Inn Express Le Claire Riverfront - Davenport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites East Moline? Share your experiences!