“a good nights sleep”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Moline
Mandan, North Dakota
“a good nights sleep”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed here for just over a week on business. even with the hotel full most of that week it peaceful and quiet. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever seen in a hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful whether it was noon or midnight. Indoor pool a little small but nice. Clean rooms and good housekeeping. 10 to 15 minutes from most attractions. Decent breakfast for being free. The one issue was the lack of water pressure even on the second floor. There is a pretty good café right next door.

Room Tip: Poor water pressure on second floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was lucky to find this place after my apartment had to be evacuated due to a massive leak on the floor above me. This turned into a nice little getaway instead. The rooms were nice and clean while the service was really friendly. It was very quiet which is just what I needed. I woke up to a hot shower and hot breakfast for 2 days before I had to go back home. Stay here and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ronald L
Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed here on vacation with my parents in town for a reunion. Room was nice, but maintenance was poor. Garbage can at front main entrance was overflowing onto the ground Saturday night, and was not cleaned up. Sunday morning at 7:30am I advised the desk clerk that it needed emptied. She walked past it on her way into work at 7am but apparently was not concerned about it. The computer in the lobby was running extremely slow. When I finally got the info I was looking for and tried to print it, the print was not readable. I told the desk clerk that it looked like it needed a new ink cartridge, she said they just put one In and would have maintenance look at it when they come in. The breakfast was good with the exception of the sausage patties that were swimming in grease as is typical of comfort inns. The breakfast room attendant was very nice, assisting an old guy with operating the waffle maker.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Rick G
Suffern
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed 1 night on way to Sturgis rally. We basically just crashed for the night. The bed was very comfortable, room was clean, shower was good. Standard continental bkfst. No complaints. We paid apx $100 for the night.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank SuffernDebanddon
USA
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The hotel was remodeled about june 2013, with new washbasins and new lamps. They also removed all the towel racks, so you cannot hang up any towels now. They also raised the prices about $15 a night. The rooms are average, the heat/cool stays running all the time, does not cycle. This can good or bad, depending on whether you like the breeze all night. Breakfast is average for comfort inn, heavy on sugar and cholesterol. All cereals have added sugar, and the hot breakfast is heavy on egg yolks or greasy meat. The yogurt is also very heavy on sugar. So, there are not too many healthy choices for breakfast, if that's what you want. Breakfast place nearby also.
The towel rack thing is really weird to me, you have to put your wet towel down on the floor, or on the toilet. What if you wanted to use it again? Same for the vanity, you have to put the towel on the vanity top. They said removal of towel racks is corporate policy now, which I don't believe.
I have stayed here out of convenience many, many times. The exercise room is small, and the treadmill is old and makes huge amount of noise. On balance, I think it's a tiny bit overpriced for what you get, but just an OK hotel to stay at. There are other nicer hotels nearer the airport, but they are just slightly more money. The hotel that starts with La then Q... is cheaper. The remodeling I think was a waste, but they did change the carpets, so that's a plus. The new lamps are hideous, but that's an opinion. Don't confuse this hotel for the C.Inn in Moline. This hotel is technically is in East Moline.
I have had issues with noisy neighbors in this hotel. The walls are not thick, and unthinking folks can disturb/wake you easily. Saturday nights with a "party" of some kind can be challenging, because folks talk in the halls and its hard to block out the noise.
The staff is generally good, and I have seem many of them. They do replenish the breakfast when needed. The waffle Iron is indeed on deaths door. It is coated with black soot, and you must bathe it with the spray lubricant liberally or you get a sticky mess. It is, indeed, a joke.
Bottom line: Not great, not terrible. Little overpriced by my yardstick.

Room Tip: Third floor has no "reindeer on the roof" effect above you. Try to get the third floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Greeley
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed for 2 nights but 4 nights came out of my bank account. The front desk told my wife that they charged me for 3 nights because I checked out an hour and a half late. So what is going on? I was also charged $150.00 fee for smoking in my room when I did not smoke in there. I was not even made aware of the charges when I checked out. I found out when I checked my bank account. My wife worked at a Choice hotel. They can work with you in situations like this. This hotel is choosing not to. I would not stay here again or recommend this hotel. I tried to talk with them and clear my name and they called me a liar and said I was harassing them. No manager was willing to speak with me.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank B S

Travellers are raving about these East Moline hotels

Elm Grove, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The booking policy discriminates against your team. There is no way they will amend the origional reservations regaurdless of circumstances. The excersize room has one old treadmill and a squeeky recumbant bike. Eggs were cold and ran out, waffle iron need to be replaced. Shower went cold. Pool was small. the only downer in an otherwise great tournament weekend.... don't bring your team here.... as a team manager from wisconsin I was emberrassed

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Moline
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities
Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities
Super 8 Le Claire/Quad Cities
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
La Quinta Inn Moline Airport
Radisson on John Deere Commons

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites East Moline? Share your experiences!