“Wedding Venue”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Down Hatherley
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Wedding Venue”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Hatherley Manor Hotel was the venue for my daughters wedding and all those involved were outstanding and made it a day to remember. The assistance that my daughter and I had made the whole experience far less stressful than it might otherwise have been.
The attention to the smallest detail such as the congratulations spelt out on my daughter and son in laws dessert plates was tremendous.
The food served at the wedding breakfast was of the highest quality and the service friendly and speedy.
I would have no hesitation in recommending the Hatherley Manor Hotel as a venue for any special event.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Everything was really perfect. I loved smiling faces especially in restaurant ( rest. manager Mrs. Beth) The Hatherley Manor Hotel gives you real peaceful air. I just came for bussiness but I saw really good events (weddings) in there. So when ı get married I am certainly sure that I will choose the Hotel. Slience is the best reason for coming Hatherley and also ıt ıs so close to town.I really loved food and services..I will go back

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Hatherley Manor is a peaceful hotel in its own grounds. The accomodation is nicely furnished and beds are very comfortable. The food in the restaurant is of excellent quality and the a la carte menu is really good value. In particular we found all the staff to be really friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. We were there on a Hideaway Exclusive deal which was particularly good value and recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 7Scottie
Walton-on-Trent, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We have just spent two nights at this hotel. Staff were great and my wife is gluten free and they provided bread cracker etc, which was great and was able to enjoy the fab food. The only downside is that the rooms are three star and next time I will upgrade on the room.
Mr B SMith

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We booked Hatherley Manor for a special family celebration and stayed for one night. We were looked after very well from the moment we walked into the door until we checked out. The staff are very attentitive and also very welcoming to our children which made the hotel family Friendly.

We really enjoyed our special day and can't thank everyone at Hatherley Manor enough for making it one to remember.

• Stayed February 2013
generalmanager_HMH, General Manager at Hatherley Manor, responded to this review, 15 February 2013

What a lovely review so very glad that we looked after you so well. perhaps we will see you and the children at Easter for an Easter bunny hunt and sunday lunch.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I stayed for one night at the hotel. The car parking is very good. My room was changed after I explained to reception that the bathroom wasn't clean (basin drain clogged with hair and very smelly) and main lighting didn't work.

The evening meal was OK but over-priced for both food and wine, with a cracked glassware on the table - I was the only person in the restaurant so didn't understand why they chose to seat me at that table nor why the service was so slow. Dinner also started relatively late.

I hope not to stay here again - everywhere else would have to be fully booked. No pool or fitness centre.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Singly
Hi Singly

Ever so sorry that we did not deliver the highest standards in housekeeping, will obviously share your comments in realation to the room with the housekeeping team.
I have also been into the restaurant and removed what I believe was the offending article a chipped glass table vase, i was very dissaponited with our attention to detail no excuses to be offered there!!!

The restaurant opens at 7.00pm for dinner but there is a full lounge and room service menu on offer all day' if you have plans that mean you need to eat before 7.00 have a chat to the team we would be happy to feed you earlier we dont open it earlier as generally demand is not for this.

Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I enquired at Hatherley manor for my wedding, although we did not book there we found them very helpful. We met with the wedding planer and got a quote on the day, the quote was very reasonable and their services are very good. the only reason we did not book was because we thought the rooms were too small and the largest room was too big also if there is another wedding on the day then you would have to share the garden.
The wedding planner was very helpful, friendly and gave us all the information we needed.

Room Tip: Worth concidering if you are planning your wedding.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
hi lau224

Thanks for your review glad you found us to be helpful, I have dropped you an email so I hope you reply.
In relation to weddings at Hatherley we have a multitude of options from the stunning redwood suite ideal for twenty guests through to the mulberry suite ideal for 40-80 in the day with its own garden off the front of the hotel or the hatherley and Moat suites at the rear of the hotel spilling out into the walled garden with its wedding pavilion for those great british summer (always in hope) outdoor weddings. Generally it is only one wedding a day we do occasionally take two but are very open about this when you enquire we always ensure that the timings are such that you have full use of the grounds at either the front or the back just for yourselves, come for a show around and you can easily see how this works, it a special day and we do all we can to make sure you enjoy it. that said our platinum package ensure you get the whole place to your self and if you are flexible on dates we also offer this on fridays and sundays where you can always get a little bit of discount.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Down Hatherley
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
#8 of 21 in Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
#11 of 21 in Gloucester

Been to Hatherley Manor? Share your experiences!