I was booked into this hotel from Sunday 26th - 31 May 2013 as part of a group walking in this area. I read some of the reviews with a sinking heart as it appeared that the venue is used frequently for weddings and that noise was an issue for patrons not associated with the function. I arrived to find a wedding in progress. However, my room (105) was not affected by any noise whatsoever. The weather was rainy and we returned from our walks soaking wet and slightly dispirited but the hotel was so welcoming with lashings of hot water for soothing baths and good food that this (almost) made up for the lack of sun outside.
The staff were all very courteous and attentive - in particular in the restaurant where the service was impeccable. Attention to details like hot plates for hot food at breakfast were all apparent. My room was clean and everything I needed was provided and worked as it should. Even the switch for the bedside light was easily accessible unlike some hotels where you have several switches nearby that seem to turn on everything apart from the light you actually want to turn on.
If the location if this hotel suits you I would highly recommend it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxurious manor house set amidst 37 acres of beautiful grounds, including a unique Walled Garden, in the heart of the Gloucestershire countryside. Located just 4 miles from the Historic Cathedral City of Gloucester and 6 miles from the regency town of Cheltenham Spa, on the edge of the Cotswolds. A lovely Country House Hotel that has has been sympathetically refurbished to incorporate all the amenities required by today's most discerning guests. As a result, it retains all its historic heritage and charm while providing all the comfort and luxury expected of a modern country house hotel. Whether you are looking for a relaxing short break, a get together with friends or to celebrate a special occasion you can be assured that our friendly professional team will go out of their way to ensure that you have a memorable stay with us ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hatherley Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatherley Manor Gloucester
- Hatherley Manor Hotel Gloucester