“A good place to eat between Gloucester and Cheltenham”
Review of Hatherley Manor

Hatherley Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Down Hatherley
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Had a very enjoyable in the Restaurant meal here as non residents. Staff very attentive, food came quickly and good quality with sufficient choice. We used our Tastecard which is even valid on Friday nights and made it good value for the quality and service (50% off food). Otherwise would not be cheap though still acceptable for a special occasion. The Hotel hosts meetings and events well too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 October 2013

From entering the lobby, friendly receptionist, excellent bar facilities and follow through to the dining room - service second to none with smart and attentive staff. Bedrooms, some of the most comfortable beds I've slept in. Lovely gardens and a quiet situation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarahyeovil
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here for three days and had my sons wedding reception in the Moat room. All of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly especially when we were setting up the decor in the reception room. The food was very good and the option of a BBQ for the reception was superb, no lengthy wait for over cooked or cold food.

Overall. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the greatly helped ensure a marvellous reception for the newly married couple and their guests.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here on a short one night break we had the most lovely room and really felt spoilt .the staff were all lovely and the food was plentiful .The only plip was that I ordered the steak which turned out to be tough they offered to change it or for me to order something else so they could not have done more .Will go back again as the hotel and grounds are beautiful

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this wonderful old Manor. We were looking for somewhere special to stay for my birthday and Hatherley Manor ticked all the boxes. When we arrived we were welcomed and were offered a Dinner/ Bed and Breakfast package that suited our needs. The restaurant offered a good menu both for dinner and breakfast. We enjoyed eating some of the local produce grown on the property. In the morning we walked around the lovely gardens. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with a view. We were also able to use the free Wifi facilities while we sat in the cosy lounge/bar area. We highly recommend this Manor to travellers visiting the Gloucester area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marilyn G
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We booked the Moat Suite for our son's baptism celebration. Following my initial enquiry, Ashlea, the Events Coordinator, met with me to show me around and discuss menu options and prices. The choice of food was varied and they offered flexibility. We settled on an afternoon tea served as elevenses because the baptism was early in the morning. Ashlea gave me a choice of available suites based on my estimated numbers. I chose the Moat suite because of its beautiful exposed brickwork and decorative lighting, plus it opens out onto a beautiful garden. She responded to all of my ongoing enquiries promptly and effectively. On the day itself, the room was laid out beautifully. The staff on hand were very polite and accommodating, dealing with ad hoc requests swiftly. They were always on hand but never intrusive. Even though ours was a relatively small family event (around 40 people) and there were some other bigger events taking place that day, we didn't feel sidelined in any way; we felt our value as customers was just as important as any others. We were also impressed with how well they catered for a number of special dietary requirements. We felt they were very welcoming of the children. For the quality of the venue, the service and the food it was very good value. This is the perfect venue for any special event, whether it be corporate, family party, wedding or otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Myself and partner got married at the weekend and we chose hatherley for our wedding reception. They really know how to provide a professional service and we really couldn't fault anything.

Right from the word go we were greeted on the red carpet and served and treated like royalty. We booked the moat suite which suited the amount of guests we had and the main suite wasn't in use for us but they opened it up for our drinks arrival and set up a beautiful lounge area complete with mood lights. They didn't have to do any of it, seeing as we didn't have it planned in the package in the first place.

Huge compliments to all the staff and well trained and worked very well in keeping food and drinks flowing smoothly but efficiently. I really have to thank Vicki for planning our day from day one and she did a fantastic job. We would also love to thank David who looked after not only us on our day but the whole weekend when I turned up on Friday he was my point of contact and did a superb job making sure we were happy.

The food I have to say from ours and my point of view being there two nights was superb and compliments to the chefs for 5 star food. The only slight disappointment on Friday night was they didn't have any white wine in stock and my dad wasn't very impressed. He chose the 3 nicest whites on the menu and none were in stock.

Finally I would like to say from myself and Charlotte thank you for
making our day so special and all our guests comfortable.

Like I said if your looking for a wedding venue in Gloucester, look no further !!!!!

:-)

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Down Hatherley
Hatton Court Hotel
Hatton Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
#4 of 23 in Cheltenham
The Edward Hotel
The Edward Hotel
#10 of 21 in Gloucester

Been to Hatherley Manor? Share your experiences!