We stayed here on a Saturday night to attend a function on the Sunday. As a result we were able to book a room at a reduced price which is always helpful. It's a beautiful location and the staff are very friendly and welcoming but on the whole, we felt that the hotel could do with a bit of updating now.
Our room, although nice and quiet, was very small compared with many more budget-style hotels we have stayed in. We had to pay a little extra for our son's "put-up" style bed which also obviously reduced the room space and he didn't find that comfortable. To be fair, he is getting a little big now for such beds but then this means that we would now consider staying in a hotel which already has a single bed in its family room which a teenager would find more comfortable, rather than choosing one which only offers Z-bed style accommodation.
The room was clean and tidy and we liked the fact that we could have fresh milk with our tea if we wanted.
The meal we enjoyed in the restaurant on Saturday night was excellent and their "3 courses for £18" deal was well worth it. Sadly, the food we had the following day at the function was not so good; a consideration for those seeking to book an event at the hotel rather than those planning a trip, given that our meal the night before was so good.
I have to say that we have also had better breakfasts and my partner found the bar under-staffed at times and slow. He was quite amused at one point when the bar was quiet and there were 3 members of staff behind it who all scuttled away on seeing him approach! He had to call them back and he thought one of them looked like a manager. This did amuse us because although he can look quite grumpy sometimes, we really didn't think he was that frightening!
On the whole, we would go there again but maybe wait a year or two to see if they make some improvements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxurious manor house set amidst 37 acres of beautiful grounds, including a unique Walled Garden, in the heart of the Gloucestershire countryside. Located just 4 miles from the Historic Cathedral City of Gloucester and 6 miles from the regency town of Cheltenham Spa, on the edge of the Cotswolds. A lovely Country House Hotel that has has been sympathetically refurbished to incorporate all the amenities required by today's most discerning guests. As a result, it retains all its historic heritage and charm while providing all the comfort and luxury expected of a modern country house hotel. Whether you are looking for a relaxing short break, a get together with friends or to celebrate a special occasion you can be assured that our friendly professional team will go out of their way to ensure that you have a memorable stay with us ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hatherley Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatherley Manor Gloucester
- Hatherley Manor Hotel Gloucester