Arrived late afternoon. Check In Prompt but Information on Services for 2 Nights Stay very poor! No Communication on Times of Breakfast let alone inform that there was Tea/Coffee Facilities set up in your Room. No Offer of helping with Cases (esp when they knew we were part of a Wedding Party, next day Wedding!)
The Executive Room given was small with single beds for Husband/Wife! However did swop with our 2 Daughters! Moved into 2nd Executive Room to Horror that the Room stank of Damp Water. Bath Robes been washed & tumble dried so many times they were rough and in parts worn thin!
Reception Staff could not offer anything except Sorry! Duty Mgr offered a Standard Room which in turn, turned out to be the same size as Executive Room with same Facilities with Single Beds. Could not see any difference. However did offer to charge at Standard Rate!!
Duty Mgr, Suddenly offered us a Superior Room but away from our Daughters on a different floor. This room was an improvement. But again sadly lacked information where Tea/Coffee Facilities let alone hunt for the TV! Dressing Gowns certainly lacked comfort. Even curtains lacked colour! At least the room didn't stink!
Evening Meal: Poor Quality. Ordered Tiger Prawns for Starters. Received 5 tiny prawns you would put in a Prawn Cocktail. Steak for Main Dinner - Non Available. Asked for Salmon - Non Available. 3rd attempt Chicken wrapped in Parma Ham, very tasted. Sadly the Dauphinois Potatoes tasted like they had been microwaved and turned to rubber! Dessert - We give Full Credit to the Dessert Pastry Chef!
Next Day - Breakfast. Good Selection. Would not recommend the Cooked Sausages. Appalling Taste!
Wedding: The Staff worked tirelessly to ensure all foods were served promptly. Sadly Hatherley Manor forgot to inform the Chef there was a Celiac attending the Reception! Even though I personally inform Hotel myself 2 weeks prior!
Would My Husband and I stay at Hatherley Manor Hotel again... No is the answer. Over price for very little service and information.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxurious manor house set amidst 37 acres of beautiful grounds, including a unique Walled Garden, in the heart of the Gloucestershire countryside. Located just 4 miles from the Historic Cathedral City of Gloucester and 6 miles from the regency town of Cheltenham Spa, on the edge of the Cotswolds. A lovely Country House Hotel that has has been sympathetically refurbished to incorporate all the amenities required by today's most discerning guests. As a result, it retains all its historic heritage and charm while providing all the comfort and luxury expected of a modern country house hotel. Whether you are looking for a relaxing short break, a get together with friends or to celebrate a special occasion you can be assured that our friendly professional team will go out of their way to ensure that you have a memorable stay with us ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hatherley Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatherley Manor Gloucester
- Hatherley Manor Hotel Gloucester