“Don't waste your time on this establishment.”

Putteridge Bury B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lilley
Putteridge Bury B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Lilley B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“Don't waste your time on this establishment.”
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Don't waste your time on this establishment. After a few days of trying to contact the proprietress via her home phone, mobile phone, and email, my wife and I have given up and booked rooms in Great Offley. What is worse is that the one morning I did manage to contact the owner, she hung up on me three times. All that I was ever able to get out was “Hello, I’d like to inquire about...” and she would hang up. I was absolutely baffled. I was never less than polite in the voice mail I left and in the email I sent. I’ve never received such discourteous treatment from a Bed & Breakfast owner before. My advice would be to skip Puteridge Bury B&B all together and to stay up the road in Great Offley.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravisLilley
Putteridgebury, Owner at Putteridge Bury B&B, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
I don't know which establishment these people were trying to contact but it certainly wasn't Putteridge Bury B&B! No one has ever complained that they were unable to get hold of us. A mischievous and untruthful review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Home from home, traditional farmhouse with lots of animals. On arrival there were horses eating their dinner in the yard, chickens roaming around, a friendly dog and kittens in the drawing room which my kids loved playing with. Rooms were large and comfortable, landlady very welcoming and helpful, and on top of all that it was incredibly good value.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank kittyandkids
Glenrothes Fife
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Lovely, comfortable, clean place run by people who are animal lovers like ourselves. We were very happy with our accommodation and the breakfast set us up for the day. We felt more like friends than guests and will certainly return.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blueminty
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed 14 November 2010

It was what a German imagines to be a typical english residence.
A beauriful house and walled garden, horses in the field and a labrador.
A friend told me about it, I had a wonderful relaxing time there with the real english breakfast and a lovely evening meal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank gigi093
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 7 November 2010

I travelled from Spain to work in area. I stayed at this b & b for three weeks. Lovely old house, very helpful landlady. She did all my washing, helped with car hire and shopping: Beautiful garden. I will stay here again when I come back to England.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank marioMalaga_spain
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2010

This historic farmhouse is a great place to stay. There's a warm welcome, great breakfast, comfy rooms and loads of old fashioned charm. Especially good for anyone attracted to a particularly English miss marple-ish atmosphere and laid back ambience.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Linusandfloss
london
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Great place to stay. Very friendly and relaxed. Alison the landlady is great fun and the whole atmosphere is warm and welcoming.
Room was charming (with a quite bonkers ancient wardrobe) and had a great view of the countryside.
Animal lovers will especially like it here - there are horses in the fields next to the house, chickens in the garden, kittens and a lovely old Labrador.
So much better than a lifeless hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank r_t_young
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lilley
Offley Place Country House
Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
King William Hotel
King William Hotel
#10 of 26 in Luton
Lodge Farm House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Putteridge Bury B&B? Share your experiences!