“Relaxed stay”

Putteridge Bury B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lilley
Putteridge Bury B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Lilley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have stayed here twice now, once en route for an early flight and then for a training event. The house is on the outskirts of Luton, with lovely countryside on the doorstep and a superb Chinese restaurant in the next village. It's right next to the A505, so getting to the airport takes about 15 minutes. Alison, the landlady, was welcoming and relaxed and I immediately felt at home. I had an enormous family room all to myself and felt like Goldilocks. The decor is old fashioned, quirky and the bedclothes don't match the curtains ( or the other beds), but I would choose this over a chain hotel every time. It's good value for money and I love the relaxed, 'anything goes' atmosphere. Breakfast is specially cooked for you and served in the gloriously cluttered dining room at one shared table. My one warning would be that if you are allergic to animal fur there are cats and a large, brown labrador called Purdey in the house, as well as feathery pillows. Alison will substitute man made fibre ones if you ask her. If you're not bothered about a flat screen TV, matching bedclothes, gym and aircon then this is well worth a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the house from the main road if you want your window open.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed in January, just for one night during a work trip and had a very comfortable nights sleep and great breakfast in a lovely farmhouse.
The landlady. Alison was very friendly and helpful. Watched a wonderful sunrise from my bedroom window and saw a Red Kite too.
The dog and cats did not disturb my stay, in fact made it more enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rob S
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I have spent two weeks at your establishment and I can't thank you enough for providing me with a home away from home atmosphere. You may my stopover from Texas a great experience. Linda

Room Tip: Saving money was very important to me and this was good value for the money
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We will be relocating to Herts in due course, and needed somewhere to stay over the weekend while househunting and getting acquainted with the North Herts area. This little B & B proved to be just the ticket. We'll be back again fairly soon. The farm house is situated just out of town, leading to some lovely country lanes and byways in the hills, yet handy for the airport and for town and train services as well. We were made to feel at home straight away, spent two comfortable nights in a huge room with choice of beds and en suite double shower. First rate farmhouse breakfasts each morning set us up for the days activities and we returned to enjoy relaxing afternoon wind down drink and chat with our host, over which we learned of interesting local info and history of the villages around this area. We made friends with the horses living in a paddock by the house, and may well bring our own along next summer, to ride some of the local trails.
Altogether very satisfied with the hospitality on offer here, and it proved excellent value for money to boot.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bazzamatazza
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Don't waste your time on this establishment. After a few days of trying to contact the proprietress via her home phone, mobile phone, and email, my wife and I have given up and booked rooms in Great Offley. What is worse is that the one morning I did manage to contact the owner, she hung up on me three times. All that I was ever able to get out was “Hello, I’d like to inquire about...” and she would hang up. I was absolutely baffled. I was never less than polite in the voice mail I left and in the email I sent. I’ve never received such discourteous treatment from a Bed & Breakfast owner before. My advice would be to skip Puteridge Bury B&B all together and to stay up the road in Great Offley.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravisLilley
Putteridgebury, Owner at Putteridge Bury B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2011

I don't know which establishment these people were trying to contact but it certainly wasn't Putteridge Bury B&B! No one has ever complained that they were unable to get hold of us. A mischievous and untruthful review.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

Home from home, traditional farmhouse with lots of animals. On arrival there were horses eating their dinner in the yard, chickens roaming around, a friendly dog and kittens in the drawing room which my kids loved playing with. Rooms were large and comfortable, landlady very welcoming and helpful, and on top of all that it was incredibly good value.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank kittyandkids
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Lovely, comfortable, clean place run by people who are animal lovers like ourselves. We were very happy with our accommodation and the breakfast set us up for the day. We felt more like friends than guests and will certainly return.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blueminty

Been to Putteridge Bury B&B? Share your experiences!