“Lovely, comfortable place to stay”

Putteridge Bury B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lilley
Putteridge Bury B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Lilley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Lovely, comfortable, clean place run by people who are animal lovers like ourselves. We were very happy with our accommodation and the breakfast set us up for the day. We felt more like friends than guests and will certainly return.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blueminty

Reviewed 14 November 2010

It was what a German imagines to be a typical english residence.
A beauriful house and walled garden, horses in the field and a labrador.
A friend told me about it, I had a wonderful relaxing time there with the real english breakfast and a lovely evening meal.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank gigi093
Reviewed 7 November 2010

I travelled from Spain to work in area. I stayed at this b & b for three weeks. Lovely old house, very helpful landlady. She did all my washing, helped with car hire and shopping: Beautiful garden. I will stay here again when I come back to England.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank marioMalaga_spain
Reviewed 7 November 2010

This historic farmhouse is a great place to stay. There's a warm welcome, great breakfast, comfy rooms and loads of old fashioned charm. Especially good for anyone attracted to a particularly English miss marple-ish atmosphere and laid back ambience.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Linusandfloss
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Great place to stay. Very friendly and relaxed. Alison the landlady is great fun and the whole atmosphere is warm and welcoming.
Room was charming (with a quite bonkers ancient wardrobe) and had a great view of the countryside.
Animal lovers will especially like it here - there are horses in the fields next to the house, chickens in the garden, kittens and a lovely old Labrador.
So much better than a lifeless hotel!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank r_t_young
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I would describe this B&B as typical of old farmhouses, rambling and idiosyncratic with a homely and unpretentious atmosphere. It has spacious tastefully furnished rooms with beds arranged in order to suit families, couples or lone travellers. My room was warm and cosy and had a great view towards the Chiltern hills, the double bed was superbly comfortable and there was piping hot water for bath or shower. As a single I appreciated the warm and friendly welcome, the atmosphere in which I could relax, feel secure and comfortable, and amongst companionable fellow guests and an amiable host who was happy to assist but did not intrude.

I made enquiries about dinner and was pleasantly surprised to find that by arrangement it can be booked in house, and the landlady is an excellent cook, and my dinner and bottle of house wine was the best value in town. Breakfast was fresh locally sourced, the scrambled eggs (from the farm yard hen house) on toast were scrumptious. I made a couple of requests for extra storage space and an early morning call and it seemed as though nothing was too much trouble. I will definately be booking again if I need to stay in the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Ruth H
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This B&B was a disgrace! It was smelly, dirty and so basic that NOTHING was provided in the bathroom - not even soap. The sink was filthy and there were hairs in one bed (not sure if they were cat hairs or human hairs!). Loads of cats and kittens appeared to have the run of the place and we were told (delightful this) that they 'pooed everywhere'. We literally couldn't face breakfast: all the cereal packets were wide open, the butter dish was dirty and the butter inside was chopped up and covered in crumbs, the jars looked as though they'd been coming out onto the breakfast table for years and the tops of some were thick with grime. A complete rip-off - don't even think about staying here, however respectable it may look on its website.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank hantonfamily

Been to Putteridge Bury B&B? Share your experiences!