“What happened? The reviews said the parking lot had hookers!!!”

Motel 6 Peoria - East
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
“What happened? The reviews said the parking lot had hookers!!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

By no means was this hotel/motel terrific or a glamorous one. However, for the price, you get what you get. At first, it needed some tidying up, but then it turned out to be ok from there. We also read on the reviews that there were hookers, drug dealers, and drunks all over the hotel. I found this not to be true. The location isn't bad, the staff was courteous and overall it want that bad.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
world traveler
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Peoria does not offer much, at all, ive been thru here more a few times for work and have stayed at every hotel in town, they are all horrible with exception to the casino boats, with this hotel being the worst in town it comes complete with hookers in parking lot and all kinds of undesirable folks lurking around.
Late night the place really comes alive with the dreg's of society,it will surely wake you if youve managed to fall asleep amidst the "Hookers of babylon".
When the staff are confronted as to why there are hookers and drug dealers in the parking lot, and drunks wondering the hallway's they seam to act as if its always been there.
Rooms are very dirty,moldy and smell of previous floods.... ?? moldy.. it hurts your lungs to breath the air.
Mattress was stained with what looked to be blood, alot of it.

Heres the tip - get your money back and RUN.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank scott b
St Louis
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Actual quote from my boyfriend ^. We picked this hotel (without reading reviews first) because of the low price, so we weren't expecting much. But this Motel 6 was truly nasty. When we checked in, the police doing a walkthrough inside should have been the first clue. People a couple rooms down had their tv BLASTING all night, guess they were passed out. Crazy dude stomping around the hallway, we ended up barricading the door. All of the towels had dark stains and looked like they weren't washed, one had a big pube on it. Wall AC unit was jacked up. No soap/shampoo. Sink sprayed everywhere. Crappy small tube tv with remote that didn't work and no cable. That was all fine because we were really just there to crash, glad we brought our own pillows. Then came the doozie, we pulled back the comforter AND THERE WAS A HUGE BLOOD STAIN. Holy crap.... we called the front desk and gave it back, they didn't have any more comforters (wtf?) so the lady said she would give us a discount in the morning. No mattress pad on the bed, didn't care just wanted to go to bed so we could bail.
I saw no housekeepers the entire time, only employee was the sole front desk person (The lady who checked us in as well as the morning employee were both very kind). We ended up getting our room comped which was very cool of them, but even so I would never go there again that hotel is the biggest [--] I have ever seen (see my photos)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RAPTORSHARK
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Had hopes this would be better. Last time I went alone, room was $53, second floor, no smoking. This time I went with my cousin, room was $43, first floor, smoking. I know it doesn't make sense, but here it is...I'm 5'7" and when I lay in the bed, my feet hung over the end. I weigh about 190 lbs. The shower was not built for someone of any size larger than I. Even I thought it was "cute". Could have been bigger, so I did not push the curtain out every time I turned. Guess we got the lower rate for the "kiddie room". The in room ac/htr. had several lables torn off, but I still figured out which control did which. Maybe next time I will try the motel 8 down the road. By the way, they didn't leave a light on for me, cutting expenses I guess.....

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms.......
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
GRAND RAPIDS
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I don't require perfection, but an unwashed bedspread with multiple hairs of the previous sleeper-under is intolerable. The room was generally poorly maintained and unclean (spots on carpet, dust all over TV, streaky shower). Several economically distressed people are obviously living there long-term. A refund was requested and given to us, thankfully.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I parked in front of the office, with my handicap sticker displayed. Walked into the office with a cane. They had no smoking rooms available. They gave me a room on the second floor, no elevator. Lot of fun hauling my luggage up the stairs. My $44 room cost me $53 and change.
Almost got knocked down the stairs by some guy in a hurry. Next time I'll stay in a motel that is not part of a national chain and get a lower rate and probably have a better stay. Up half the night listening to the people in the next room party down.

Room Tip: Spend a couple of bucks more and go anywhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever seen. The place is so dirty, smelly and just plan awful. There was no mattress pad on the bed. We picked up our belongings and returned to the desk. The clerk said we were there more then a half hour and could not get a refund. I am not sure where she learned to tell time, but my husband was not about to stay and discuss this with her. Her gang looking boyfriend sat in the "lobby". We were afraid and just wanted to leave. Drive away! Far away from this dump! The smell will stay with you long after you leave! If I could rate this hotel worst then terrible I would have. Scary should have been one of the options for the review rating.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Peoria-East At The River Boat Crossing
Mark Twain Hotel
Mark Twain Hotel
#6 of 23 in Peoria

Been to Motel 6 Peoria - East? Share your experiences!