“Nice Surprise in Peoria”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Naples, Florida
“Nice Surprise in Peoria”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in East Peoria is a brand new facility. The rooms are very clean and spacious. Front Desk service is very helpful. They also have a restaurant called Johnny's Italian Steak House which has an excellent Breakfast Buffet in the mornings. I have not had dinner there. I have stayed at several hotels in Peoria and East Peoria and this is my favorite right now.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were sent to East Peoria Illnois as new place to visit. We were told that the hotel was new and had lots of things to do around it. The hotel is brand new and is located next to everything. There is a restaurant in the hotel. The staff was wonderful. They answered all questions and offered advice. The price was really nice for the location and being a new hotel. The room was very very clean. The beds gave a goodnight sleep. I would recommend this location to any travelers visiting East Peoria Illnois.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Pekin, Illinois
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were led to believe that breakfast was included, it wasn't.. we were told that there was a microwave in the room, there wasn't. If I remember right, we could have the continental breakfast which is free at most hotels, for $ 8.00 each which I think was coffee and rolls. Very, very nice décor but lacked in a lot of other areas.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask questions, like what does my room include ?
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dave H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
I apologize for the miscommunication concerning our hotel. We do have microwaves in the suites, and also in the lobby for your convenience. We have refrigerators in every room. We also feature a full hot breakfast buffet with made to order omelets for $9.95.
In the lobby there is a complimentary coffee and grab and go station featuring fresh fruit and granola bars.
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. We hope you will give us a second chance to demonstrate our hospitality in the future.

Torreon, Mexico
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is an excellent hotel, brand new with the best rooms ever, real clean, with everything close such a Target and a couple of good restaurants.
I stayed for 2 weeks, and I have no issues with the hotel at all, really fast on the check in and with my early morning flight, I received my check under the door, so I just had to delivered the room key.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Pekin, Illinois
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter wanted to have a birthday party here and wanted to invite 5 to 6 girls. We spoke to Cathy, and she let us come in to check out the different suites. The family suite was available, but the bunk bed suite wasn't open. So we toured the family suite, restaurant, and pool. It was very nice and we were told that at the restaurant that kids ate free, so all we had to do was pay for me and my husband. We came back the next weekend to look at the bunk bed suite, and Cathy was not working there. We were told that kids ate free with every adult meal, only 3 kids could be in the suites (although they slept 7-8), and in the pool you could only have 3 kids at a time. This would mean we would have to pay for an expensive breakfast, pay for two suites at $200 a night, and take the kids to the pool at separate times. Ridiculous.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Sidney R

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations but pleased understand that many IHG properties are franchised, independently owned and operated. In this case, the hotel management and ownership determine their own rates and policies in accordance with local demand and business needs. Nevertheless, we have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 23 March 2014

New hotel. Have shuttle to bring you to local attractions. Excellent water pressure in the shower. Firm and comfortable mattress. Variety of pillow firmness on the bed. Caterpillar tractor toys in the bunk bed bedroom! Nice pool area with larger than average pool and jacuzzi. Near target and Costco.

• Stayed March 2014
Dave H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for the compliments. We are delighted to hear that you liked our hotel and enjoyed your stay here in East Peoria. We hope to see you again soon as our guest at the Holiday Inn and Suites in East Peoria.

Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We were in East Peoria for a softball tournament. We had a break in between games and wanted to see if we could check in before the 4 (which seems like a late time) o'clock check in time (it was about 1 oclock at this time). The hotel said the room was ready. We get there, and the people at the front desk said while the room was in "clean status" it had to be checked to see if it was ready. After waiting 15 minutes for it to be checked, we were able to get in the room. When we arrived home, we realized we had left a bag. We called and were told that the person working at the desk had no ability to check for left behind items, and we would need to call back in the morning. We then realized that there were some medications in the bag, so we called again. The person this time said that she couldn't check because she was very busy and the only person working. We told her we would wait on hold. After being on hold for 10 minutes she said she couldn't find it but had no ability to go in to the locked room that only her manager could access. We asked her to contact her manager while we waited on hold. After 5 minutes she came back and said she checked the locked room, but we could call back in the morning and see if they have it. We asked for her name, she said her name was Sabrina and that we had talked to Danielle earlier. This was odd, as earlier she said she was the only one working. We asked if it would be ok if we called the East Peoria Police Dept to come over and check the locked room for the bag. They got very defensive. The manager, Patricia, would not allow us to contact her directly They told us we could call the corporate office. I called the number, the guest relations dept called them while I was on the line and the hotel gave a slightly different version of the story to the guest relations dept. We were again advised that we could call the hotel in the morning SO right now we sit without the bag, and no idea what story to believe and no idea how many people we talked to. Telling lies is not good customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dave H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Floyd F,
Please let me apologize for the miscommunication at our hotel. I understand that my guest service agent may have not communicated well with you the other evening. I have been informed that you left a personal item here during your stay with us and called about locating it Sunday evening. It was difficult for my associate to be able to search for the item, as she was the only front desk agent on duty at the time.
The item was not yet logged in to our tracking system for my guest service agent to easily access and notify you that we did indeed have the item. At that point it was either locked in our lost and found department, or ready to be logged and then secured in lost and found. For obvious security reasons we keep our lost and found locked with very limited access for the staff. This is to protect the valuable items that are often left inadvertently by our guests.

The item was actually located by my associate Sunday night, as she stayed after her shift to look for your item, and that you were notified by her that night. She informed me that you would pick up the item on 3/17/14, which you did. I am very happy to hear that you have received your lost item and that we were able to find it for you.

Again, I apologize for the miscommunication, but my associate desperately wanted to help you but was unable to leave her responsibilities at the front desk at that specific time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Peoria
Mark Twain Hotel
#6 of 23 in Peoria
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria
Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria? Share your experiences!