“nice place don't stay on weekends”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Godfrey, Illinois
“nice place don't stay on weekends”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. Decent size. Breakfast thru the week was good. Saturday morning breakfast forget it. They only do waffles through the week not on weekends. so finding anything for breakfast after 8:30 am is not going to happen.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear momandme2, Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and for your nice comments. I am very sorry to read that your weekend breakfast experience was less than expected and we are taking immediate steps to correct that disappointment for you and other future guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Forest City, Iowa
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We were very excited to begin our family spring break at this beautiful hotel...until my 7 yr old found a "personal massage device" in the night stand of our room! I immediately took it down to the front desk (wrapped in a bag and held out at a distance) and the employee at the front desk was pretty disgusted. She seemed to empathize but did nothing about our issue. So, long story short, if you have kids, steer clear :(
Our registration/check in was also rushed and we weren't told about breakfast, pool hours/location, check out, etc. I was just very bummed about our whole experience after intentionally spending the extra money to stay at this supposedly awesome place for our children...and now they want to know why people need little machines for massages. Ugh.

Room Tip: Look in the drawers before your kids do!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Reynoldsmissy
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Reynoldsmissy, Ugh indeed, on many levels. My most sincere and humble apologies for all that you describe. We train our housekeeping staff to look for ALL items left behind by guests and the fact that we missed this item, or any other, is inexcusable. We are doing a complete review of our front desk training as well to insure that all future guests are informed of amenities and locations at check in. It shouldn’t and doesn’t matter how rushed we were. Our front desk personnel are also authorized to deal with issues such as you describe and we failed to perform. In summary, I am happy to say that while your experience is the rare exception rather than the rule, we will take steps to correct these issues for future guests and we thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor. We wish you safe travels.
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We got one of the rooms that somewhat resembles a cabin. It was nice and cozy. But we finally settled into bed after a long day and the remote didnt work for the tv (battery issue I assume) and then the next morning my husbands shower turned cool after a short time and the water was still cold for my turn so I didnt get one. I'd think for a couple hundred bucks they should be testing the remotes during each cleaning and we should get warm showers. So it ended with being annoyed that we spent so much. If they'd fix those issues I'd recommend it to others for sure.

• Stayed March 2014
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed here during a very cold and snowy weekend. The view of the frozen river was great. The staff was very friendly, they had some good pizza in the bar and the room was more than adequate. There was a big birthday party going on so there were a million kids which made it loud, but that's OK. They bill it as a family place and I have kids, too. The only thing that held me back from 5 stars was the breakfast. I'm not a food snob, but the breakfast food was quite lacking. Biscuits and gravy, yuck! I was hoping for scrambled eggs, french toast maybe. Oh well. I think the coffee station should be moved out of the corner. It got crowded there and people were bumping into each other with hot coffee. Not safe. Overall, it was a perfect place to stay. There is a Shell gas station across the parking lot, so that was convenient.

Room Tip: Take the stairs. They're very nice and you get a little exercise too. Nicely decorated.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff M
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Jeff M, Thanks for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We will certainly review your constructive remarks and change what we can for the better. Again, thanks for staying with us and for sharing.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 31 January 2014

To Peoria for Mom's 101st birthday when the temps dropped to -8, wind blowing at 30 mph. Found the Inn to be an extremely hospitable, warm and friendly atmosphere. Even the indoor/outdoor pool was open.

Room Tip: They have several suites and cottages with jacuzzi, steam shower, fireplace, kitchen and porch that...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Fairview, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

this motel is very clean and very friendly staff we enjoyed are stay and we will come back lots of time I will bring my family to come and stay and also I believe were going come w a few families to stay in feburayy to stay here I enjoy getting away for a night here the place to go a cozy cabin get away

Room Tip: all rooms here are wonderful to stay in
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We loved the decor of the hotel. Lots of wood beams and the rustic look. It reminded me of what a hunting lodge might look like. The rooms were very nice and quiet. The bed was very soft and inviting. There was stuffed animal on the bed which was a very cute touch....who could resist something so soft and cuddly. There was a large indoor pool which allowed you to swim through to the outside portion of the pool. Water temps were very pleasant considering the outside temps were cool. Their hot tub was one of the largest I have seen. I would hightly recommend this facility.

Room Tip: Be sure to check well in advance. I believe that this is a pretty popular site and rooms may be hard...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#6 of 23 in Peoria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria
Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Peoria - Riverfront
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria? Share your experiences!