“Good hotel better people”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Pacific,Mo.
“Good hotel better people”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

My company has been staying at the Stoney Creek for the past three months, and the only drawback I have found is they don't have refrigerators and microwaves in all the rooms. I agree with the earlier review that said Edna has breakfast ready earlier than the 6:30 posted time. We leave for work at 6:15 and without Edna we would not get to eat and quite honestly would probably move hotels. I would like to also give a shout out to Anthony in the bar. Overall a good clean hotel with good people and also three nice places to eat within easy walking distance.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank jjsnsky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed 22 August 2014

If you are ever in the East Peoria, IL area stop by the Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center and stay for awhile. I cannot say enough good things about this place. Everything from the very friendly staff to the exceptional management of this place is superb. The Theme Rooms to the entrance area are clean and comfortable. Check out this exceptional place before staying anywhere else when your in the Peoria (Central Illinois) area.

Room Tip: Theme Rooms - You won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Recently, I had to come to this hotel for a business conference. The hunting lodge/cabin motif was a pleasant surprise. My room even included a microwave oven, coffee maker and a small fridge. The bath room was huge. The room was spotless. This is a great place for the family. I was surprised to see a teddy bear on the bed waiting to keep me company. Make sure that you climb out of the comfortable bed early enough to enjoy the free breakfast, which changes daily. I will return with the wife to enjoy the short walk to the river or the short drive to the Par-A-Dice casino. This is a great place to have as a base camp when you are in the Peoria area. Do yourself a favor and book a room.

1 Thank George W
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've been staying at Stoney Creek Hotel for 14 weeks now. I eat breakfast almost every morning at the hotel. Breakfast is scheduled to start at 6 am... I think. I sometimes have leave for work between 5 and 5:30. At the beginning I'd wake up thinking "Dang, I'm not gonna be able to get breakfast this morning," but I found out that no matter how early I have to leave for work, Edna will be up with me. She's knows my routine and cares enough to have my usual breakfast ready for me when I arrive. Knowing that she'll be there gives me piece of mind, and that's worth something when you're away from home for several days at time. Thank you Edna.

Room Tip: Theme rooms are nice.
3 Thank Hunter M
Eagle, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We unexpectedly found ourselves needing a room while in the Peoria area. Being familiar with the area I checked on-line for rates at Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Stoney Creek Inn in East Peoria. To our surprise and delight SCI had the best rate of the three. Considering they have the best venue of the three (a bar, the décor, proximity to other bars and restaurants) we were happy. Special shout out to Syndi at the front desk. She was helpful, considerate and understood our sense of humor.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken B
Jack K, Vice president of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Ken, Sydni and I both thank you for the shout out and excellent observations. We look forward to seeing you again and enjoying your sense of humor! We love surprising guests, in a positive way of course.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here on business just to try it out. Great rustic room with comfy king bed. Quiet even though there were kids and teens galore when I stayed. Free breakfast was good and it is very close to riverfront dining. Very clean. The themed rooms look very cool if you have kids. More than happy with my stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bolton, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I had stopped at the Stoney Creek Inn in East Peoria in 2011, and really enjoyed it, and believed it would be the perfect spot for a stopover for our Corvette Road Tour. I dealt with Lauren Snopek and booked a room block of 25. We only had 13 actually participate, but Lauren was great. She reserved a special "Corvette Road Tour" parking area for us, and offered us a welcome hospitality room as well. Everyone was so impressed with the casual atmosphere, and unique decor and the friendly staff. The rooms were all ready for us, overlooking our cars, and were comfortable and clean. We enjoyed dinner in the adjacent restaurant, Jonah's Seafood, and a great night was had by all. Thank you to Lauren and staff for making this one of the best nights on our Road Tour to Kansas City.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Peoria - Riverfront
Par-A-Dice Hotel And Casino
Par-A-Dice Hotel And Casino
#9 of 10 in East Peoria

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria? Share your experiences!