“Excellent”

Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park
Reviewed 3 August 2013

If your into trains this is for you. Metro to the north and freight trains to the east. That's the bad. Here's the good. VERY well maintained, extremely clean and security drives by every so often. This is East St. Louis

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank readyricky

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was a bit worried about staying in this hotel when I was headed to stay in St. Louis over night, having read a few unpleasant ones, and then of course the good ones. When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and the courtesy of the staff. We were able to check into our rooms a little bit early (which was nice after the four hour drive from the area we were staying first). We had an arch view room- which was amazing, I couldn't believe the view we had the night we were there. It was rather amazing to stand and simply just watch.

The casino was right there, and it was wonderful that it was a non-smoking casino. I myself do not smoke and I was definitely thankful that it was that way. It's nice to leave and not smell like a cigarette. We had dinner at the buffet and the food was great, the only real complaint I had was that the woman at the cashier's spot was a bit off putting, and bordered on being rude. The cash registers very clearly had the credit card logos on them, and when we asked about the card, she was a bit snappy about the fact that they had to have cash at this register and NEVER did she point out the fact that we could use the kiosks that were right behind them. We only noticed them upon our departure from our area. The rest of the staff, including our waitress did an excellent job.

Now for the things I did not care for so much at the hotel:
1. $100 deposit- while yes I do understand that things happen, it is a bit crazy that you have to give them $100 (which they hold onto for up to 10 business days).

2. The internet box for your laptop in your room. It was a mess to work with, and really why do we NOT have free wifi in the guest rooms? I'm sure there's some reason behind it, but still it's almost more of a hassle than it's worth. I knew about the box before we went, so therefore I left my laptop at my friend's place, she brought hers, and I know she struggled with the box.

3. The Breakfast- she had been told it was a hot breakfast and when we arrived in the breakfast area (no later than 7:30) everything was pretty much gone. I am diabetic, and in truth there weren't many options that I could have that weren't full of sugar and carbs. All I can say was that this was not the breakfast that we had been told about when we booked and that was a big point on staying at this hotel.

All in all though I will say that this hotel was a nice place to stay, I didn't feel like I was in any danger, and it was overall an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I have stayed here several times. We have always enjoyed the view of the St. Louis Riverfront. The staff is very friendly and eager to help with any need we might have. The rooms are spacious and always clean. Flat screen TVs are great. An easy drive in and security is top notch. We Will Be Back.

Room Tip: Ask for West Side to look over the river.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed at the Casino Queen RV park for the entire
month of July while my 3 month old was receiving medical services at St. Louis Children's. We are from Houston and we didn't know what to expect with an RV park in East St. Louis, but we were pleasantly surprised to say the least. First off, it isn't really in East St. Louis...it's JUST over the bridge from a nice part of downtown STL. We never felt unsafe at all, especially with the security guards rotating around the park constantly. We loved the fact that almost all of the other people in the park were either older, retired folks (with super nice rigs!) or families with young kids, which is what we are used to after camping in Texas State Parks. We were close to everything we needed, especially the hospital. There is also a mini-mart on the grounds run by some very nice girls who really helped us to feel at home, and even cared enough to ask how our daughter was doing with the medical stuff. The restrooms were clean and the laundry room was expensive, but convenient. My 3 yr. old loved the little park on the grounds as well. We were there over the 4th of July and could not believe our awesome view of the fireworks show over the famous arch- 3 nights in a row! To say the least, we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely return when we need to come back to STL for the hospital. :)

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Mlaa1013
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in our Class-A Motorhome at the Casino Queen RV Park. We thoroughly enjoyed their location, customer service and overall convenience of the park to St Louis. One of our children and his family live outside St Louis and this park makes it very easy to visit them.

We have already booked additional dates.

Room Tip: Because the RV Park is on the East side of the Mississippi River, facing St Louis, do request a spac...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Its not the Ritz, however the reviews are more critical than they need be. A visit can be tainted by some negative situation that may occur. When I checked in at first I thought the front desk was cold. The front desk turned out to be efficient, helpful and friendly. The room was modern spacious and had everything you need, except a microwave. Frankly, not an issue for me. The housekeeping staff was excellent and very friendly. The security was very high profile through out the property. In fact to use the elevators to get upstairs to the rooms requires a room key. There are no restaurants in the hotel, they are a short walk across the parking lot to the casino building. We had a good stay. If you are a person who requires frequent posterior oral affection, this may not be the place for you.

Room Tip: The river view is worth whatever you have to pay...priceless.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chefbigdaddy
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The two people at the front desk were super super rude when checking in. We arrived less than an hour early and they refused to give us a room until 4pm on the dot. My mom had booked the room and I explained she wasn't coming but could call if necessary. He rudely asked if I was married and prompted me to show him my ring because I had a different last name. He also said he would need to see my husbands drivers license. I've stayed at a lot of hotels and this experience has been the worse. The breakfast was some year old-tasting Cheerios and some stale bagels.

• Stayed: July 2013
#95 of 123 in Saint Louis
St. Louis City Center Hotel
St. Louis City Center Hotel
#97 of 123 in Saint Louis

Been to Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park? Share your experiences!