“Clean and Great Location”

Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Clean and Great Location”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We rented a pull through RV site here. The check in process was smooth. The property is very clean. When we were here is was near 100 degrees and there is very little shade in the RV park. This is not a significant negative but something to keep in mind if you are traveling in hot weather.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tchrisboyd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Okawville, Illinois
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel about 3 different times. For our very first stay we had a room with no view, our second and third we were given a room with a wonderful view of the river, Arch, St Louis skyline.

THE HOTEL: The location of the hotel is great, you can ride the metrolink over the river into Downtown St Louis, gamble at the casino, etc. Staff is friendly but we've never requested anything above & beyond from them - or asked for anything at all really so I can't say if they are extremely helpful or not. Heads-up, the hotel is NOT connected to the Casino, you walk a short distance from the Hotel to the Casino. Some of the rooms seem to be less well kept than others. Bottom line - I wouldn't expect the "FIVE STAR" experience here, but it's a pretty nice place to stay. I see that others on this site were displeased with the beds, but I've never had an issue with the beds. On our most recent visit (last night) the sink drained very slowly, housekeeping hadn't left a bar of soap in the bathroom, and one of the decorations in the room seemed to have missing elements - it was as if it was once a silk plant but only the container & moss was left. I would say that the housekeeping staff should be advised to remove things like that before the next people check in. We took advantage of the free breakfast on our second stay only - there isn't a lot to choose from and you can't take it out of the breakfast area to eat in your room or anywhere else.

CASINO/FOOD: The casino is quite a bit smaller than you'd expect. Soda & Coffee are free in the casino area. Prime Steakhouse offers some very good food and service (I recommend making a reservation ahead of time), The Buffet was pretty average - the waitress and staff at the register were attentive and friendly but the people cooking for the buffet seemed preoccupied and not interested in interacting or helping at all when we were there yesterday (for example: the "Asian" section seemed to offer make to order stir fry and I saw the man there make something for someone else but I stood there waiting for him to come back over and ask me what I wanted for a few minutes while he clearly avoided me so I gave up), Sevens is a bar and also serves food - we've been there a few times - the atmosphere is pretty good, the food is pretty good, but again the service was lacking a bit on our visits there.

Overall, this is a pretty good place to stay but don't expect top of the line.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the arch/riverfront!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christy121983
Belleville
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Spent the night while attending a business conference. TV did not work. They sent a guy up who unplugged it and left for 15 minutes. When he came back he plugged it in and said yes it doesn't work. He offered to bring a new TV but it was 11PM by that time. The clock radio time was flashing and I tried to reset it but the buttons were broken. Ended up unplugging the clock to avoid any alarms I was unable to turn off. The silk floral arrangement was in the way. Tried to move the arrangement but it was bolted down. You need to use your room key to go up in the elevator as a security precaution.This was one of the plainest $ 89.00 rooms I ever stayed in. The sink drain was slow as well. From what we heard many guests steall everything not bolted down. Even the light bulbs. Desk clerk took my phone number and offered to talk to a manager later, but no one ever called me.

We were at the end of the hallway but noise outside the room woke us up on two occaisions. The last time was about 2 AM and I never got back to sleep.

Since my wife and I don't drink or gamble there was truly nothing else there for us.

The staff was kind, courteous and efficient.

The only saving grace was opening the curtain and looking at Saint Louis Across the river, The skyline is amazing.

Room Tip: No Clue. But ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 2919George_S

Travellers are raving about these East Saint Louis hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Four couples bought the BND Dealsavers deal for this. View was awesome, food in Prime Steakhouse was even better. Good comments end there though. You have to walk OUTSIDE, to get from the hotel to the casino, there isn't even an awning. Bathroom floor was sticky, and there was coffee spilt on the counter (it came right up when I wiped over it with a wet washcloth). I left my I phone charger in the room and they say they didn't find it, the second time I called they were even rude. My friend (very mellow school teacher) got punched in the face by a crazy woman who was trying to butt in line at the Club counter. It was obvious the woman had some issues, but nothing was done until she punched my friend. Four couples went, don't think any of us will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a much better view, but I have heard the trains are loud.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank soccrmom72
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Check-in process was the worst I've had. I booked the hotel through Expedia at 3:40 pm est and arrived at approximately 9:30cst. My reservation was not entered into the system so the front desk lady had to do extra searching trying to find my reservation and the whole process took approximately 20 minutes because she was answering phones and getting my info entered while doing so. It was completely inconvenient.

At the end of the check-in process, she asked us if it was our first time there, and when I told her it was, she said she would give us a room with the arch view. I paid extra for a room with that view, so she must not have seen that on the reservation either.

It could be my mistaken assumption, but I assumed the hotel would be connected to the casino. It's not, but rather about 50 yards from the casino. Not a horrible thing, but I had an assumption that we would not have to wear coats to go to the casino..

The beds were the cheapest beds I've felt in years.

I awoke to not an alarm clock, but by the train horn nearby at about 9am. We came into town to party, and when you are up all night partying, the last thing you want is a springy bed and loud train sirens in the morning.

I booked for two nights and checked out after the first because I was completely dissatisfied.

• Stayed December 2013
Belleville, IL
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I spent the evening at the Casino Queen November 9th. The Hotel was a pleasant surprise as i did not expect such nice accomodations. The lobby area was very elegant and our room was extremely spacious and clean. We had a view of the riverfront and when the sun went down the lights of downtown St Louis and the arch were nothing short of spectacular. I can only imagine what a wonderful location this would be to view the fireworks on the 4th of July on the riverfront.

I did not like the bed, however other than that, I have absolutely no complaints.

The check in associates were extremely nice and willing to help with anything we had.

Obviously the proximity to the Casino is fantastic.

I urge anyone looking for a wonderful evening getaway to consider the Casino Queen Hotel. .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We booked our stay here whilst travelling Route 66 on a Harley Davidson motorbike, with the main intention of going up "The Arch". Unfortunately it was closed due to the government shutdown - such a shame as it was on our wish list! The view from the hotel is great - pay the extra for a river view and if you like to walk, it is easy to accessible via the road bridge which has an adequate footpath.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for one for a view of the River and Arch
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Westin St. Louis
Westin St. Louis
#18 of 120 in Saint Louis

Been to Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park? Share your experiences!