“Casino Queen RV Park”

Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park
Alexandria, Virginia
“Casino Queen RV Park”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at the RV Park and not the hotel, but the RV park is pretty nice. Great location. Not much to it. A parking lot with some small trees. You're really staying here for location and price, and that's what you get. Also cable TV. You get that, too.

One negative: Wifi. Seems to be an industry standard to provide crappy wifi at RV parks. The CQ provides two wifi ports, one for each side of the park. I could not have been parked any closer to the RV Park office & minimart where they are located, but my wife speeds were atrocious -- 0.16 Mbps was the fastest download I could get, and my upload speed ranged from ZERO to 0.17 Mbps. Good thing I brought my own wifi hotspot with me or I wouldn't have been able to get *any* work done.

The casino provides free shuttles from the RV Park to the casino, hotel, MetroLink station and to sporting events in the city. Just call security -- they give you the direct line -- and someone is there within 1-2 mins. You couldn't do better with your own on-call limo service. I was here for a business conference in St. Louis and it was so easy to get to my meeting: Call security for a ride to the MetroLink train, get off in two stops and walk a couple of blocks to the hotel. Not much to it, and I saved $100 a night staying in my RV instead of a downtown hotel.

I read a lot about people concerned about their safety, but I have felt perfectly safe the entire time I've been here. Security is constantly patrolling and, as management pointed out in a reply elsewhere, this place is also fenced in with video surveillance. Really ... you're safe here.

Not really much of a gambler, but I visited the casino. Seemed to be mostly slots. There's a steakhouse and another restaurant, neither of which I have tried.

I'd stay here again, and so would the fellow RVers who have been my neighbors for a few days.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Hopkins, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at the Casino Queen hotel because it was close to the Gateway Arc (right across the river) and cheaper than the downtown hotels.

The hotel was nice. The rooms are very clean, comfortable beds, large bathroom. The room has a nice size TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, coffee maker. There is also a desk area in the room. Free continental breakfast. The casino is located next door. Our stay was fairly peaceful. I sleep very lightly and kept hearing noise durig the night. Almost sounded like distant traffic on the freeway. We also had the noise from the A/C going on and off during the night. I was hoping to sleep in, but morning noise ddn't cooperate. It sounded like somebody was running a vacum cleaner upstairs or in the room next door.

My daughter found it peaceful and relaxing.

I believe I paid about $105 mid-week for a room with 2 queen beds.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed 26 July 2014

If you are looking for a great place to RV in/near St. Louis, MO, you have come to the right place. If you like to see and hear trains at work, you will be very happy. On the other hand, if you are not crazy about hearing train whistles at all hours of the night, this might not be the place for you. We enjoyed our 2-night stay but an additional night would have been questionable. Great views of the St. Louis Arch. All sites are paved. Plenty of full sites with electric (30/50), water, sewer, cable and free WiFi. At a Good Sam discount price of $47.70, it is a very reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MePepere
Peoria, IL
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We usually stay downtown when we travel to St.Louis for Cardinal games. Decided to give this a try since we had parked there to catch Metro into stadium in past and it looked ok. Objective was to save money over downtown hotels but still be in a fairly decent clean hotel. Was leery of safety in East St. Louis but this place is lit up like daytime at night and is on the edge of town so no real concerns. Staff is extremely welcoming and friendly. Arrived way ahead of check in time but they had a room and allowed us to check in so we were able to get our things to our room then hop on the metro (in their parking lot) and head into town for the rest of the day and evening. Hotel was clean. King room was huge, bathroom was large as well. Parking free. Saved over $100 from a downtown stay a couple weeks prior. One other concern was smoking allowed which I detest but had been told that there is only 1 smoking floor. Noticed no smoke odors. I have no complaints about this hotel and given the savings, the metro access and ease at getting downtown this will be my go to hotel from now on. Hotel savings mean more Cardinal games I can attend!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank aarona62
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was very surprised by this hotel...in a good way! Clean & comfortable room, and everything seemed new and in good condition. Great view of the Arch across the river. I valet parked my car at the casino then walked to the hotel (short walk on the sidewalk) since their valet lot is fenced in with security cameras, but the open self-park lot seemed fine since it's an industrial area with security patrol. I'd definitely stay here again next time I'm in St. Louis. The casino was fun too with good food (Philly Cheesesteaks from the deli) and cheap beer!

Room Tip: Get a Arch-view room, this allows for a great view of the Arch, river, and the downtown skyline.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christopher H
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Apart from the fact that this hotel was SO difficult to find because of construction, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Room, pool, and service were all just great. The casino was clean and fun and you simply can't beat the location for sightseeing in St. Louis. The staff everywhere were all OUTSTANDING!

Room Tip: You can face the Gateway Arch for $10 more than you face the casino. It's up to you which you pr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mimima24
Utica, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 July 2014

we stayed here in 2012 it was great the upgraded our room for free to have a huge tub. Great view of the arch. Brought us champagne and glasses. The breakfast at the casino was good and tram made it easy to get downtown I had a great time.

• Stayed November 2013
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
#9 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Casino Queen Hotel and RV Park? Share your experiences!