“Worth every penny!”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My 18yr old son drove for the first time at the Newton IA track and had a spectacular time! He drove 16 laps and could have easily added 50 more. This was absolutely worth the price and we are very glad to have added laps. 8 just wouldn't have been enough. Highly recommend this!

Visited July 2014

Lexington
“Wow”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I just finished my driving experience and all I can say is wow. The staff was awesome, the spotter was perfect and the experience was amazing. 10 out of 10 must do.

Visited June 2014
Arnold, Missouri
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Great Early Father's Day Surprise”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I surprised my husband with this experience over at Gateway Motorsports Park in Illinois this past Sunday. He had no clue that he would be driving an actual NASCAR race car when he woke up. It was a big secret between our friends and some of our kids. He loved it! The people were very professional and made sure the participants were safe and secure in their cars. We bought a nice plaque with his picture and the race car he drove on it which was really nice and he has shown almost everyone now. We will definitely do it again but maybe at another track in another city/state.

1 Thank julie g
Granite City, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“More Racing Freedom than Expected”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was able to attend the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience Shootout Package for Gateway Raceway last weekend. I've been to many races and love driving and going fast so it was a perfect answer to my needs. The staff was fantastic, laid back and after our 45 minute safety class we were fitted with suits and helmets. Unlike other racing experiences I've been to we were not rushed and were given some extra freedoms. In the past, I've seen an "assembly line" mentality of shoving people in a car, then dragging them out fast as possible. After we got comfortable in the cars and did a radio check, we were released one by one down the pit lane and on the track. Each driver gets spotter support to help clear them on the track and help with racing lines / speed. There was no pace car so it was go as fast as you want (within the safety parameters: dedicated racing lane, breaking points, passing zones). Yes, passing zones. There's no follow the leader here. If a car is slow in front, the spotter moves them down a lane and you able to race by so you don't lose any of your speed. The laps go by way to quick, but the experience is excellent. Even though you aren't running as fast as the pros, it gives you a whole new respect for the driving ability, intestinal fortitude, and amazing mechanical grip found in professional racing. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Dustin G
“an awesome experience I loved it”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

this was one of the best things I've ever done great deal great people they made you feel welcome and gave you a great time and a great racing experiencefor your money hey very good value for any race fan