Roslin Beach Hotel
Muthu Westcliff Hotel(Westcliff-on-Sea)
PremierInn.com
Travelodge
    Tower Hotel Apartments(Southend-on-Sea)
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    1,807 results
    All reviewsafternoon teasea viewsunday lunchlovely hotelspa treatmentssconeswedding receptionmy mummulberry suiteexecutive roomthames estuaryfull body massagebeautiful roombirthday treatquichecar parkcannot fault
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 26 November 2013

Back in July we had booked an executive double here, in order to meet up with friends in Southend on way to a "do" in Maldon. 24 hours before arrival we were advised that "our" room had been flooded, and we were offered a tiny room in a nearby B&B - take it or leave it. (We later discovered that we could have found far better by phoning around.) Anyway, these things happen: after we made a fuss, the Roslin Beach promised us a free upgrade and bottle of wine when we next visited. This was our first opportunity to do so: with a bit of prodding, they were as good as their word (thanks Jacqui) and we had a very pleasant stay. Even in November, eating in the dining room is a very enjoyable experience.
    Our friends, who know Southend backwards, suggested dinner here, rather than a restaurant nearer them: have to say the dinner was absolutely superb, for each of us: my wife's steak (she says one of the tenderest she's ever eaten), my sea bream excellent, and trad fish'n'chips cooked to perfection. A good wine list, and full marks also to the bar staff: some brilliant cocktails. We'll definitely return (hoping that room won't flood...)
    Room well-equipped and impeccably clean. Staff mostly very helpful and friendly. Free car park a bonus.

Room Tip: For couples, the small rooms are best avoided. Worth paying a premium for an executive sea-facing, esp in spring/summer.
    • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
    jh123Southend, Manager at Roslin Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear John,
    I am very happy that you gave us the opportunity to show you what a fantastic hotel we have . We have indeed gained a very good reputation for our restaurant and I am very glad that we lived up to our reputation and you thoroughly enjoyed your dinner.
    I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and I would be happy to arrange the booking personally for you
    Kind Regards Jacqui Harris Managing Director

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have just returned from our second visit and had a great time . My wife loves a good room and it meets all her expectations. We had the Sunday special and it is truly amazing value £99 with Sunday lunch or money towards the evening al la carte menu. The first time we visited we had the Sunday lunch which was excellent. staff very friendly and could not do enough for us, we will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: For an extra £10 we had rooms 117 and 118 with as sea view which was n ice to wake up to
    • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Dicky49

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave such a great review. The Sunday Special that we do is fantastic value for money and I am glad you upgrade into one of our lovely king-size sea view rooms. Our Sunday lunch is renown locally and I am delighted that you enjoyed not only the food but our great service.
    I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future
    Kind Regards Jacqui Harris Managing Director

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed for two nights and were extremely pleased with both the room and level of service. The room was spacious and very comfortable and warm although the days we stayed there was a storm in progress - gales and driving raids. The food was excellent and the service in the restaurant was nothing short of first class.

In short I have no difficulty in recommending this hotel.

1  Thank Will C

Dear Will,
    On behalf of the entire team , I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met and exceeded your expectations. I do hope that you will come back and visit us when the weather is nicer and be able to enjoy lunch or dinner sitting on our terrace overlooking the sea.
    I look forward to welcoming you back
    Kind regards Jacqui Harris Managing Director

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night. The hotel is in a lovely position and is of a high standard. The staff were without exception very good and very welcoming. In the morning the breakfast room has a lovely view of the Thames Estuary/sea. The breakfast was very good and the service was excellent.
    I booked over the phone and asked for a deal and was offered the small double at a special rate.
    This room is not a small double! It is a single room for one person only and should not be advertised or used as a small double. For one person this room is adequate, although the bathroom has a very, very small sink which is totally useless. With two people in this room it’s very claustrophobic. On entering the room after five minutes of squeezing pass each other as we tried to unpack we quickly decided this room was unsuitable and my wife went to reception to complain.
    Without any fuss the receptionist kindly offered us an upgrade to room 107, my wife checked the room out and thought it was lovely and ideal. We quickly unpacked and went out for the evening. When we came back later in the evening, it was only when we tried to get some sleep then we realised the problem with this room. The only way I can describe it, try and imagine you are travelling on a plane and the hum and vibration. This is what it felt like, all night long. Right outside the bedroom window are a number of air-conditioning units. Consequently, we did not get a good night sleep. In the morning the receptionist was busy and to be honest I couldn't be bothered to make a fuss as we hadn't paid to stay in this room. This hotel is lovely, the staff are good, but choose your room very carefully!

Room Tip: The small double is too small for two people and avoid room 107.
    2  Thank thomas247
    Reviewed 21 November 2013

I had a facial and it was really relaxing and felt lovely, I can't wait for the spa to expand! The staff were really friendly and the food we had after was great. I'm going there for Christmas day and can't wait. I think it is going to be a lovely day, basing on past experiences!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family