“Lovely lunch”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thorpe Bay
Essex
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

A place we visit for special occasions or when we need to spoil ourselves. Lunch time offers are good value and the food is equally wonderful. Staff always helpful, atmosphere is good and the views over the estuary are at times breath taking.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
jh123Southend, Manager at Roslin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Ian and Cas ,
Sincere thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I am so glad that enjoy both the food and the atmosphere at The Roslin. We have just launched our New A La Carte menu along with our fantastic winter warmer menu which changes daily . I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future .
Kind Regards Jacqui Harris Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

New Year's Eve party followed by an overnight stay and breakfast with wife and friends. Absolutely superb! Decorations brilliant, food (I had the best fillet steak ever) was wonderful and the staff friendly and attentive. Room was very clean with a large bed!
And then a very good cooked breakfast.
Thanks to all the staff for making it such a memorable stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Stuart, On behalf of the whole team I would like to say how delighted we are that we met and exceeded your expectations during your stay on New Years Eve. Our New Years Eve celebrations are always popular due to our very high standards , in fact this year is already nearly half full .
I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon,
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Roslin on Saturday 14th December. On check in the girls at reception were very welcoming and friendly. Our room was beautiful, clean with a fabulous view. We then went down to the bar for a drink and chatted to a lovely barman. We decided on room service for dinner which was delicious, hot and very well presented. After a wonderful nights sleep we had breakfast in bed. I cannot fault anything about our stay. The room, food and lovely staff. We will be going back very soon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Michaela, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very glad you were impressed not only with your food but the service and your beautiful room also, We look forward to welcoming you back to The Roslin Beach Hotel in the very near future
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed there for one night while visiting a restaurant in leigh.
could not have asked for better will defiantly stay there again.
when next my wife and I are in south end.at the pavilion theatre.
belvic.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are best
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
jh123Southend, Manager at Roslin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, it is very important to us that our guests have a great experience . I look forward to welcoming you back to the Roslin in the future
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Our first impression of the room was "Dirty" we had to phone reception to replace the towels as they were not clean.

The room we had been allocated must have been near the boiler room as there was a constant humming noise the entire stay.

The room had a number of power cuts during our 2 day stay which ruined the trip for us.

The breakfast was average, we were told that our Coffee would be made for us and brought to our table. This did not get served until after we had finished our food.

All in all a terrible stay, we did complain to the hotel who offered us a free 2 night stay, however we declined this offer as I would prefer to have my teeth pulled rather than stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the Boiler/laundry room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank kevin_ferguson
Dear Mr Ferguson , I was extremely shocked to read your comments about the Hotel. I have been unable to find your booking at the hotel and I am unaware of any power cuts taking place at the hotel over the last few years . I personally deal with any issues at the hotel and I have never been made aware of your booking, I would be very grateful if you wish to e mail me directly to jharris@roslinhotel.com so that I can investigate this further.
Shoeburyness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

One of our favourite hotels..A fab chilled stay just before Christmas. The hotel looked so inviting, full of lovely Christmas decorations and a great atmosphere. We were upgraded to a king Seaview room, number 118 which was beautiful. The food, as always, was superb. Highly recommend this hotel..

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Garrisonfox
On behalf of the whole team at The Roslin Beach Hotel , I am delighted that you once again had a great stay with us. Our Christmas decorations are fast becoming the talk of the town and do give the hotel a very special feel throughout the festive season.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Roslin in mid-December; this was our 3rd stay at this hotel in 12 months. We stay here whilst visiting our elderly mothers. There are many very good points about this hotel. It's position means there are lovely sea views from the restaurant and some of the rooms. The executive rooms are generally a good size with nice furnishings and the beds are very comfortable with good quality bed linens. Food in the restaurant is generally good and the waiting staff are very friendly, looking after their guests well - special mention here must be made of Levi, who looked after us and our mothers throughout our Christmas lunch. The Christmas decorations were beautiful and gave the hotel a really festive feel. Overall our stays here have been good and we will certainly return. However there are some points about this hotel which stop me giving it a rating of 5. Firstly the rooms do not have a safe - this is something we would expect from all hotels of this standard. Secondly they expected us to pay a deposit at the time of booking our festive lunch followed by the submission of our menu choice and the outstanding balance a month before the meal itself, even though we were staying at the hotel. We eat on a yearly basis from the Festive Menu at a local Michelin-starred restaurant and have never been asked to pay a deposit, let alone the full amount, ahead of the meal. This feels very old-fashioned and smacks uncomfortably of profiteering. Other small points: there were no toiletries in the room on our arrival, there were only 4 hangers for a double room and the quality of some of the breakfast ingredients could be better (on one occasion earlier in the year we saw some very poor quality orange juice being poured into the jugs from a branded carton in full view of all the breakfast guests).
The hotel can do very little about the size of their car park but it is very small and tight, with some of the disabled spaces virtually unusable if you have a large car. This can cause problems for hotel residents, especially at Christmas when the hotel is so busy with all the varied Christmas functions. The hotel is undoubtedly a great venue for functions, which can make it not particularly relaxing for hotel guests as you cannot enjoy a quiet hour in the bar in the evening, having to either take a drink back to your room or spend some time in the quieter but pretty soulless residents lounge
Do not let the negative comments put you off, this is a good place to stay. However, with attention to some of the points above it could be a great place to stay.

1 Thank ChrisRuss_17
jh123Southend, Manager at Roslin Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide your very valuable feedback and comments regarding your stay . I am delighted that you loved your room and do apologise for the toiletries not being in the room on arrival but hoped you enjoyed the fabulous Elemis products we offer. Levi is indeed a fantastic member of staff and I will be sure to make sure he reads your very kind comments. We are constantly upgrading the hotel and I am pleased to say this includes putting safes in all our rooms in the new year. We do have a policy of deposits being taken for our Christmas lunches and parties as we are so busy during December but I have taken on-board your comments and will review this again,
I hope that I can welcome you back to The Roslin in the very near future
Kind Regards Jacqui Harris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorpe Bay
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa
The Last Post
The Last Post
#5 of 19 in Southend-on-Sea

Been to Roslin Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!