“a little bit of luxury, with a feeling of being home from home.”
Review of Roslin Beach Hotel

Roslin Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Thorpe Bay
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay at this hotel, once a month, so perhaps I am biased but I look forward to staying, it's the highlight of coming down to a sales meeting. Everyone from reception to the restaurant staff are smart, polite, friendly, and everyone will go out of there way to help with anything you need. The products supplied in the bedroom are top quality, there are extras at reception if you have forgotten anything too.
The rooms look freshly decorated, the linen is crisp and fresh, there are bathrooms in the executive rooms. lastly the meals are exceptional quality- and if there is anything not on the menu- they will do there best to rustle up what you want!
I wouldn't be choice stay any where else in Southend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,774)

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I recently had lunch at the Roslin hotel, we all thought the food and service was exceptional. The view is stunning. The tables have white clean linen, the flower arrangements are a lovely touch. The waitress who served us was friendly and attentive. Food looked beautiful and tasted even better. I could not pick fault with anything that day and we cannot wait to go back. Specials menu was exceptional value and the portions were a good size. We were all full to say the least! Wine choice is good. Air con was lovely on warm day.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel is very nice and kept well. It is stylish with a great restaurant.

I decided to get my eyebrows done in the hotel spa. What a mistake! The beautician massacred my eyebrows and left one incredibly thin with a bald patch.

Then she had the cheek to tell me 'there's hair there, but you need to get it dyed to show up, would you like to book in for an eyebrow dye?" (I refused -- I'm not paying to fix her mistake.) She tried to tell me it was because my eyebrows are sparse. Even if that was true (it's not) she's meant to be a professional who can deal with these things. I was very disappointed.

Again, SUPER lovely hotel but the spa is having some teething issues.

Room Tip: Do double check where you'll be, my room was very prettily decorated but the window faced anothe...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Our visit to Southend was to attend a 50th Wedding Anniversary Dinner on Sunday 18th May. We arrived on Saturday with our bicycles on the car. There was a bike rack to securely attach them to.We were pleased to see cycle tracks along the promenade in both directions and in 3 days we explored the area in very hot temperatures.

Reception was helpful and we had an executive room on the top floor of the end building (no lift). It was a corner room with 2 windows which overlooked the estuary. The view was particularly attractive on Sunday when the tide was in and the yachts were out racing over the water. The room was pleasant and the bed comfortable. There was a bath with shower. There was no air conditioning but the room was kept comfortable by a mild breeze with the windows open. Bottled water was supplied and a fridge to put it in. There was no safe and surprisingly no paper tissues.

There were plastic blinds instead of curtains. These could be closed to keep out any light late at night but were ineffective in the early (very early) morning. The sunlight streaming in to the room through the blinds woke us up much earlier than we intended.

The restaurant was excellent and very busy. We had afternoon tea and scones shortly after we arrived in an open area facing the estuary. We had a late dinner (9.30pm) after a cycle ride and on Sunday the anniversary lunch in the same restaurant. Both meals were excellent and service was attentive. Breakfast was included and was a full English meal with bacon, sausages, eggs, mushrooms etc.

Would we stay at this hotel again - a definite yes.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view and possibly a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

stayed for 3 nights in the Honey moon suite which we were upgraded to, its is a really beautifull room with own balcony and lovely veiw,Hotel itself is quite stunning i liked the attention to detail, ie lots of lovely flower displays , candles , it feels that a lot of thought has gone in to the decor, breakfast was very good all that you would expect and more, our son stayed in a small double which he felt was also very good, i personally cant wait to stay again, the staff were very freindly, and reception teem second to none

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jude55
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed for 1 night Sunday 18th May, which was the warmest day of the year by far. Southend itself was manic, so this had a knock on effect to Thorpe bay, which is a bout a mile down the coast.
We stayed in The Mulberry Suite, which was lovely and had a balcony with amazing sea views. The dinner in the evening, was very good too, especially when you consider the hotel was full to bursting during lunch and all night, due again to the gorgeous weather, but also as this is a cracking hotel (of course). Breakfast was a buffet, which I am never that keen on, regardless as where I am staying, due to the fact it is almost impossible to keep it warm enough to enjoy (as I tend to end up eating far too quickly, whilst it is still warm (ish), but none the less the service was very, very, good, as were all the staff. If I am being picky, the other 2 bedroom doors on our floor are very close and they do bang shut very loudly, which was a little annoying at 6.30am the following morning, as we had noisy early risers next to us, so maybe it's something the hotel could look into, as this it is an easy, quick fix. Finally as parking is a lottery, I would suggest the hotel could reserve the smaller of the 2 car parks, for strictly residents only, perhaps even with room numbers/names painted on the tarmac, as it was clear most of the spaces were taken up by casual diners and people on the beach. All being said, we would certainly return, as this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: As I mentioned The Mulberry Suite is amazing and is the only balcony room, with direct views of the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stopped 3 years ago and it was fantastic then.
Nothing has changed it is still fantastic and the staff will bendover backwards to help you, always smiling. .
Would strongly recommended you stop here if in South End

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorpe Bay
Camelia Hotel
Camelia Hotel
#1 of 20 in Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Park Inn by Radisson Palace Sout...
#12 of 20 in Southend-on-Sea
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
Muthu Westcliff Hotel
#2 of 5 in Westcliff-on-Sea
Premier Inn Southend On Sea (Eastern Esplanade) Hotel
Premier Inn Southend On Sea (Eas...
#4 of 20 in Southend-on-Sea
Premier Inn Southend-On-Sea (Thorpe Bay) Hotel
Pontlands Park
Pontlands Park
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow

Been to Roslin Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!