“Great place for big and little kids”

Edison's Entertainment Complex
More attraction details
Owner description: Edison's is genius level fun for all! Enjoy our full-service restaurant and bar, or have a meal or appetizers at the lanes. Our flexible dining space can accommodate large groups - teams and family gatherings are always welcome! We offer boutique bowling, laser tag and arcade activities to keep everyone happy. In addition to walk-in fun, Edison's hosts birthday parties, corporate outings, baby and bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, and is a great place for other celebrations.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Belleville, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great place for big and little kids”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was really impressed with this place. It is extremely clean and that's quite an achievement with all those kids. The employees are friendly and very hard working. The lunch buffet is small but perfect for lunch, hamburgers, chicken tenders, grilled chicken breast, bacon, taco fixings, and salad bar, plus two kinds of soup and chili. And the warm white chocolate macadamia nut cookies were yummy. The kids had a blast. There is a large arcade area, laser tag and a bowling alley. We were there for five hours and they could have stayed longer. They have unlimited play, no time limit for $20.00 thru the week and all kinds of different package deals. Plan a day, take the kids or grand kids and just go. It is a very enjoyable place.

Visited July 2014

Benld, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I am so happy Edison's is here. It's a super alternative to the bigger, more expensive place something like this in Missouri. It's much more affordable. The bowling alley part is so nice with leather couches, and waitstaff will come to you and ask if you would like to order anything. The laser tag area isn't the biggest I've been to, but it makes it great for some younger kids that wouldn't be able to play other places. I just think this place is great and I can't wait to go back!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Karla B
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Very clean ”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice clean and new. I don't like the food and The price is a bit high. The kids however love the lazer tag. It's a great safe area.

2 Thank Asilhal
O'Fallon, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Eat and Play Combo = MUST DO! But not the birthday parties.”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband, 3 boys, and I visited Edison's in the summer of 2013 for the first time. He had won a gift card for being cavity-free at his dentist. So we went to the restaurant and ate dinner (good food...nothing spectacular), played laser tag, and played a few arcade games. The kids had fun, and it wasn't very crowded on that particular day. I would have given it 4 stars on that day alone (minus a star because it's a serious money pit).
Fast forward to January. When thinking about where to have my son's 7th birthday, we looked at many places and finally decided on Edison's. We reserved the Patent package for 15 people (6 kids and 9 adults) and asked to have our party split in half because we have a son with autism who would not do well in the laser tag room, but most of the other people wanted to play laser tag. So 10 people were to play laser tag, and 5 people were going to bowl.
We had a few snafus once it got close to the time of the party. First, we found out that the advertised time of 1 hour and 45 minutes in the party room is a bit misleading. You do have 1 hour and 45 minutes in the party room, but you also have activities (laser tag and bowling for us) at the same time. We felt this would be very rushed because we were scheduled to bowl from 3-4 PM, with the laser tag people starting at 3:12 PM and 3:36 PM. We had the room from 3-5 PM. This would leave us 1 hour in the room to do pizza, cupcakes, and presents, and from having 14 birthday parties at other various venues, we knew this would be very rushed. We also had a family that was coming at 3:45, so they would not be able to join in the activities. After speaking with the manager, they did flip flop our party so that we could bowl from 4-5 PM and laser tag was at 4:12 PM and 4:36 PM, so that group could participate, and we were very grateful for this. However, if you book a party, know that 1 hour and 45 minutes in the party room is not accurate. Every other place we have booked has had a set party room time and then you do your activities; I was not a fan of the style used at Edison's.
A couple days before the party, we were called to confirm, and we added 2 people onto our final total, for 12 people to play laser tag and 5 to bowl. This was done fairly seamlessly.
Now for the day of the party:
Pros:
- We were greeted promptly and allowed to go straight back to our room and get settled.
- The pizza was delivered within 10 minutes of getting to the room and was delicious (the pizzas are huge, by the way, thick crust, and loaded with cheese. Very yummy!)
- Our conductor served the kids to get them started and even made my autistic son a sweet tea, which is his favorite drink.
- Everything was set up when we arrived, plates, napkins, cups, gift table, food table, etc. The room was spacious and comfy enough for all of us and looked right out onto the bowling alley (we had the Luminary Room).
- The cupcakes were delicious! Very moist and some of the best I've had at a birthday party like that. Our conductor handed them out, popped a candle into the birthday boy's, and we sang Happy Birthday. He loved it.
- Our conductor wrote down everything that our son got (I was a huge fan of this)!
- Our conductor was as sweet as could be the whole time. She truly made the process easier for us, and we could tell she was working hard to make sure we had a good time.
Cons:
- We did feel very hurried to get everything in in time. It was 4 PM, and my son still had to open his presents, so I asked if we could forgo part of our bowling time so that I could see him open his gifts. We started bowling at 4:15, but again this was at my request. I knew the guests would want to see him open their gifts and felt that was more important than a few minutes of bowling. That being said, I wish they would give you an hour and 15 minutes or 30 minutes in the room and then have you do your activities. It would be much more relaxing that way. I spend enough time running around in my real life, and I would prefer to have a relaxed pace for my boy's special day.
- I think it would be beneficial to have 2 party conductors for each room: 1 to stay in the room to help and 1 to run and get refills and whatever necessities arise.
- We didn't pay much attention to the bowling because after a few frames, it was fairly apparently that the lane we were bowling on was uneven. I'm not a good bowler by far, but you could definitely tell a distinct difference in this lane and the ones at some of the other bowling alleys in the area. It wasn't a big deal to the adults, but to my autistic son, who likes to score as many points as possible, having numerous balls go straight into the gutter despite having bumpers up was a huge frustration for him.
- We also ordered Surge cards as an add-on to our party. When we had come before, we did the Eat and Play combo, where if you purchase food, you can get Surge cards for half price. However, we were told you can't do this with a party. I think this should be an option, since we paid a ton more for our party than we would have in the restaurant.
- The arcade games are expensive for what they are. There's really no nice way to coat this one. The cheapest games we saw were 2.5 points. 5 points = $1. But most of popular games are anywhere from 5-10 points. The kids ran out of their 25 point cards VERY quickly. As in, 5 minutes for the big spenders up to 15 for the more frugal ones.
Overall, I would have to say that if you want to come here to do the Eat and Play combo, go for it. Just come on an off time, so you're not fighting gobs of people. But for the birthday parties, my husband and I both agreed at the end of the night that it was not worth nearly what we paid for it. Our son had a great time, so that is what counts to us, but we will most likely not have a party here again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jennifer S
Edwardsville, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Edison's is a real asset to our town...”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A great place with something for everyone. An arcade for the bitty mites, laser tag & bowling for older youth & adults, and a nice restaurant and bar. Capping it off is the excellent Tango Yogurt shop. It's a perfect destination stop, no matter who you want to go with, or who you want to meet you there.

Visited February 2014