“Not Impressed!”

Joe's Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Effingham
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, Illinois
“Not Impressed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

There was no one to greet us at the door, and no sign indicating whether or not we should seat ourselves. The booths and tables are close together and we could hear our neighbors conversations like we were sitting in the booth with them. The service I will say was fast and efficient and friendly. The food was not amazing, the side salad that came with my meal came with ice burg lettuce and olives and dressing, and that was it! I had the baked spaghetti which was very watery and not very flavorful, the garlic bread was soft with not crunch to it and tasted like it had no garlic on it at all. I would not choose to visit this establishment again, I could get better food in the dinning hall at my college.

• Visited May 2013

Illinois
“Not bad for a quick meal.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stopped in based on the good reviews. There's no sign to tell you whether you sit or are to be seated. No one greets you. I had to run down a waitress to ask. The tables are really close together and small but the booths looked comfortable. The waitresses here are super fast. They barely stop long enough to hear the answer to the questions they ask you. The food came quickly and was just average. My husband had pizza and cheesy bread stick and I had the alfredo. Nothing was bad here but nothing spectacular. You get the feeling of get in eat and get out. If that's what you're looking for then it's great.

• Visited May 2013
PLANO
“Different from prior visits”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

I've eaten at Joe's 4-5 times in the past. However during my most recent visit, food wasn't quite as tasty as I had remembered.

Alfredo sauce came out bland.

Visited December 2012
Madisonville
“Good Italian Cuisine Served With a Smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Ah, small hometown dining is all it should be at Joe's. Seating can be a problem on busy nights, but they move people through quickly. Food is prepared to order and they are more than helpful adapting to a Vegan diet. Can be a little noisy on family night, but it is still a good bargain and great food!

• Visited December 2012
IL
“A Little Italy in IL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

From the pizza to the pasta, everything is just simply wonderful! Good atmosphere at their resturant, good service if you cater a lunch. Defintely a place to stop when passing through Effingham!

Visited November 2012