“Great food hidden in plain sight” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Raintree Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 61 Restaurants in Effingham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Effingham, Illinois
“Great food hidden in plain sight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

First time I had visited the "restaurant" area of the Raintree.The herb-crusted prime rib was delicious,and the baked sweet potato was perfect.Salad bar was fresh and had a nice variety of veggies and salads.(except I saw no onion,which disappointed me).The new york strip steak was cooked to perfection.Our cheese sticks came out cold,but the fried chicken livers had a light crispy crust and were very good.The atmosphere is very plain,but it was quiet and clean.Our waitress was smiling,very pleasant and took very good care of us.I agree with other reviewers about the "bar" area.We dined their twice and got the same treatment,rude bartender,waitresses,and we were treated like an inconvenience to them while they chatted up the locals and truckdrivers at the bar.But don't let that discourage you,enter the restaurant,not the bar.I can't wait to dine their in the future.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Chicago, Illinois
“Nice sit down local place to eat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

The menu is not huge in selection, but the food offered is good and they always have a nice salad bar. The staff is friendly and it always seems to be clean. My in-laws like to go here, so I go along some times with them and they like what they can get and like the atmosphere.

Visited October 2012
Bourbonnais, Illinois
“Stay away later at night unless you want to be treated bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Walked in the bar area of this restaurant late at night while staying next door at the Best Western. The bartender on duty was RUDE, loud, and acted like she was doing us a favor taking our order. On the side, she was loudly discussing world affairs with locals and we felt like we were an inconvenience by ordering a drink. I seen enough to know I'd never stop here again!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Janiec_11
Effingham, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food ,love the veges and crab legs ,have to eat there again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

my daughter just loves raintree ,already talking about going back again , she loves the crab legs ,I myself love them and the veges are so good, great buffet ,only the place, is too small though, they need a bigger restaurant, and they run out of crab legs quickly ,they go pretty fast.......

• Visited January 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Friday night seafood buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Pretty good deal for $16.99. When you first walk in the buffet appears pretty small but they have all the right stuff. Crab legs, frog legs, catfish, walleye, fried shrimp, peel your own shrimp, etc... Very good service and they make a good drink.

Visited May 2013