“Best asian cuisine in effingham!”
Review of Bangkok Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bangkok Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Effingham, Illinois
“Best asian cuisine in effingham!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The food is great and we always get a friendly welcome when we come In. Love ordering the shrimp fried rice. It has more flavor than any other I had in town.

• Visited October 2013

“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Love good Thai but very disappointed in this one. Slow service, average food (very disappointing spring rolls) and a tired, dirty-feeling restaurant. I will chose somewhere else in Effingham, or keep driving.

• Visited August 2013
Carbondale, Illinois, United States
“A must try!!!!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We loved the service and food!!! The waitress was genuinely kind and very prompt with our service. As I do at every restaurant I asked what she recommended to eat, which was the pad Thai and I was extremely happy with what I got. We also ordered springs rolls and some kind of salad(all recomened by our server and also all very excellent). The food at Bangkok Thai is very comparable to other Thai restaurants we've been to. I don't understand why Bangkok isn't booming! A must try!!!

• Visited April 2013
Naples, Florida
“Go hungry, but don't go here”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Bad all around. The absence of other cars in the lot should have been our first clue. Thought the variety of reviews on TripAdvisor warranted the chance - big mistake.
The place was/is a dump; despite a friendly owner(?)/server the food was the worst Thai we've ever had. The Spring Rolls were soggy, greasy and foul looking. We didn't even taste them they looked so bad. The Pad Thai was soaked in sauce and many noodles were either undercooked or so dried out as to be inedible.
The icing on the cake was getting over charged.

• Visited September 2013
Golden, Colorado
“Splendid Service Excellent Food but Lousy Ambience”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

On a Sunday afternoon around 1 PM the place was deserted. I was the only customer. There was some doubt as I pulled up; the place looked closed from the outside. However, there was a bright red neon OPEN sign so I went in. The greeting and welcome were genuine and warm. I was seated and given time to make my selection. The Papaya Salad was covered with a garlic sauce that managed to taste good.The Thai iced coffee hit the spot. The mango and sticky rice dessert was excellent. What turned me off was a stale smell as if the place had not been aired for weeks. A restaurant should smell of food or smell neutral. One cannot eat good food with an unusual smell in the air. The posters and decoratives were all very good. The service was outstanding; I would go back again and see if that smell was a one-off bad moment.

• Visited August 2013