“Cool cars and displays”

Mid America Motorworks, My Garage Museum
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Effingham
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stopped here on our way through on I-70 and enjoyed the displays. This FREE museum has some great and rare Corvettes, VWs and concept cars. It was worth the stop.

2  Thank explorerfun

Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband was in his glory here. What a clean, neat place this is. The man behind the counter was very courteous and helpful.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

First class operation. Clean, great bargains, class act Yeager family!

Reviewed 4 June 2012

If you love Corvettes or VW's then you will enjoy this small, but detailed Museum in Effinghm , Illinois.

The 50's-60's motor head style of the museum is of a bye gone era when cars were fast and speed was more important than MPG.

While the Corvette section of the museum is much larger than the VW section, they do have 3 official 'Herbies'. Two from the older movie, 'Herbie Goes Banannas' and one from the more modern movie, 'Herbie Fully Loaded'. I was told that Disney sold the 'Herbie' from the latest movie to Mid America Motorworks because they were the official 'parts' company for the movie, 'Herbie Fully Loaded'.

Every year Mid Ameica Motor Works holds VW and Corvette 'Fun Fests' and while I have been to several Corvette Fun Fests and have enjoyed them, I have yet to attend a VW Fun Fest but I do plan on going next year.

So if your looking for a huge warehouse full of old cars this museum may not be for you, but if your a Corvette or Herbie fan then this musem, and very nice gift shop, is worth your time as your passing through Effingham, Illinois.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is a corvette parts place, with several interesting exhibits. i personnally like the old gas station.