Culver's
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Effingham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The crossroads of I-70 and I-57 is where we always make our tour stop. The struggle for a variety of food choices with fast service happens as Cracker Barrel is too slow but good food and McDonald's is to fast food. The new addition of Culver's at that exit solves that problem! Being able to walk to the counter and order butter burgers, fried chicken, shrimp, a salad and then frozen custard is a treat. And the locals were delighted to talk to our group about the tour and wanted to know about New England Fall Foliage. While they were visiting, they told a group of ladies they might have a free sundae because there was a very long french fry on their tray. Sure enough, they took it to the counter and if it is longer than 5" or the height of the medium shake cup, you get a free one topping sundae. We will definitely be back. And the manager thanked me for calling ahead.

1  Thank StLTourGirl

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We're from Wisconsin, the home of Culver's so we are definitely a fan. We often stop at their restaurants along our travels as a sure place to have some good food. However, this stop wasn't so great. We ordered our food and the person at the counter didn't seem like they had worked there very long and was confused about the menu. Then we sat and waited and waited for our food to come. Other customers came and went. The ice machines ran out of ice and we watched someone dump many buckets of ice in the top. Still no food. The garbage locations were overflowing and garbage hanging out the flapper to put your garbage in. Someone finally came in the eating area and was cleaning tables and walked by us several times noticing we had been sitting there forever with our little number and no food. She went and checked and shortly after we got our food. Then the food order was wrong. Wrong sandwich and missing items. We went up to the counter and then another wait. Someone offered us a free ice cream for our wait, but we finally finished our food and left as we had been there long enough.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Anytime we drive through Effingham, my hubby has to get a shake from here. I love their burgers! The service is always friendly!

1  Thank Jenny A
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My visit to this Culver's came on a very busy Friday night. The staff was slammed, with long llines and almost all tables occupied. Still the service was reasonably fast and the food prepared as ordered and anticipated. My beef pot roast sandwich was excellent as was my Turtle Concrete Mixer. The staff was courteous, and the place was clean, especially considering the hugh crowd. I would visit this location again.

1  Thank jjedit
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Their butter burgers are great and their fried cod sandwich is one of my favorites. If you've never tried one of their ice cream cakes, you should.

1  Thank Lemay55

Been to Culver's? Share your experiences!