“All you could ask for....and more!!”
Review of Abigail's On The Lake - CLOSED

Abigail's On The Lake
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All you could ask for....and more!!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I have never written a restaurant review before but after visiting Abigail's I knew it was time. I have heard the radio ads and my friends talk, so I took the family. What a GREAT choice. The place was packed, everyone was have a great time. We chose a seat outside with an umbrella. The food was excellent, the place was very clean and inviting. We ordered a sampler basket to start and much to our surprise we got three full appetizers, not just a plate with a few of each.

I got the Ribs, the best I've ever had. My wife got a pita sandwich and loved it. My kids each got kids meals, both dino nuggets. As we ate, we watch as a little guy in a hula skirt and tropical hat bring an ice cream to a table and then sing his birthday song to another guest. Everyone clapped. My son thought it would be a great idea to tell them it was my wife's birthday. I was having such a good time, I let him do it. When we were done eating, here comes the little guy, all dressed up, with the ice cream for my wife. He then sang "Happy, Happy, FAKE birthday" to my wife as he danced. It made the evening.

As we were leaving, I realized that our waitress was the owner, Abigail. She's only 20 years old and this is her third year running the restaurant. I told her that we all had a great time and we would be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tim G

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Service”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I gave this place a couple of tries because i live by the lake. First time i went i had to get up for my own refils and the waitress asked if we would like dessert or our check but we hadnt even got our food. Seconed time Both of or orders were wrong and again had to get up and ask for my own refill. I got the crispy chicken bacon ranch peta in the description is says extra crispy bacon. The bacon was the bacon bits your put on your salad (not crispy at all) the so called crispy chicken was a frozen chicken patty cut into slices. I could go on and on but you get my point.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Apesnlex
Effingham, Illinois
“Don't bother to eat here”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Low quality food with out taste. To many items on the menue for a lake side restaurant. They should find a few items and try to cook them correct rather then try for an expanded menue

Visited June 2013
1 Thank chuck k
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Met several couples at Abigails. Had good time relaxing with a few of the lake. Friendly staff and good food. Nothing fancy.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank pebblesis50
Decatur, Illinois
“Just Had To Have More Of Those Chicken Wings”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Our family spent the Labor Day weekend at beautiful Lake Sara in Effingham Il. Of course we had to make a return visit to our favorite resturant called, "Abagails". The steaks were great.
My daughter and her husband tried one of their specialties of Medallion Steak dinner. They said it was the most flavorable steaks they had ever had. Of course I had to have those melt in your mouth chicken wings and sweet potatoe fries. Not only is the food delicious,with generous portions, but the service is excellent. Abagail, is a sweetie, and we especially appreciated the cute young man called, Gage. These people really make you feel welcomed and special. Their prices are really resonable, and it is an immaculate clean resturant. I hope ya all try them, because I know you"ll love them as we do.

• Visited September 2012