“A Nice Surprise”

Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Effingham
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: As a premier Pub & Grill we serve the best in gourmet burgers, fries,sandwiches, nachos, wraps, craft beers, beer, wine, martinis & cocktails, along with weekday lunch specials and nightly dinner specials. We are located in the old bus station so our exterior is very unique, however inside you will find state of the art Tv's, sound system and Vegas style comfortable seating.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Effingham is a stop for us in our cross country journeys. Always looking for something new we spotted this on TA. It was very good. We had Gouda Mac n cheese bites, boneless chicken wings, burgers, sweet potato tiots. All were good although the tots could use some work. Ate outside in the beer garden n service was great. Overall great bar food at great prices.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jow623

Rensselaer IN
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

This place is excellent in every way. The service was exceptional and very friendly. The menu has just the right amount of choices. I ordered the Effingham burger and added a fried egg on top. It was tip-top. Dad order the prime rib and said it was wonderful. The food came out quickly and you can tell they cook with a lot of care. This place is going to become a real hot spot and it deserves to be packed solid. It's a very well managed establishment. I'm looking forward to coming back. Price wise it's a Bargin for what your getting

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jgflys
Toledo, Ohio
“Great lunch”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stopped by for lunch on trip through Illinois. Food was very good, prices reasonable, waitresses efficient and gorgeous.

• Visited July 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Overall Experience That Won't Break Your Wallet”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Gabby Goat is a great restaurant with good tasting food, and some of the best prices around. The atmosphere inside is cool, and they have food and drink specials each night of the week to boot. The only thing the restaurant needs to work on is the service.

The outside of the building doesn’t look like much. In fact, it looks like a really big house that has cheap vinyl siding. You know it’s a good place if the locals frequent it though, and indeed the back parking lot was full on a Saturday night, and inside it was packed too. When it comes to restaurants, it’s the interior that mostly counts though, and it is decorated and organized very well. The bar inside was large in size, there is a lot of polished wood everywhere, and new flat panel TVs are in easy viewing distance no matter where you’re sitting. The décor features some fun, tongue-in-cheek stuff, like a funny poster about martial arts star Chuck Norris, for instance.

Gabby Goat has its own little logo that you’ll see on the glasses and drink coasters, and I thought it was a nice touch that you can purchases items (like the glasses) with the restaurant’s unique logo on it.

The beer list they offered was excellent, with a good variety across craft brews, imports, and domestic beers. In terms of food, I started off my dinner with a Greek (summer) salad, which had fresh ingredients and tasted very good. But I was also very happy with my main course, the ”ham” Burger, which, as it sounds, was a ground beef patty and a nice chunk of ham together (with cheese) on one bun. One of tables near me ordered the nachos, and that looked really, really good too, so I’ll probably try the nachos out next time I visit.

The service at Gabby Goat was the only downside. While we didn’t have to wait to be seated, we had to ask for silverware after we didn’t get any (even after our drinks came). Later on in the meal I had to make extra effort to wrangle down the waitress so I could try the drink special of the night, a $2.50 Long Island Ice Tea (it tasted OK considering the cheap price).

Overall my experience at the Gabby Goat was great, and the good tasting food and excellent prices more than make up for any shortcomings in the restaurant’s service. I highly recommend Gabby Goat, and I’m going to make it a point to stop by Gabby Goat again on one of my upcoming trips to the area.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CTS2003
Effingham, Illinois
“Catching on”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I think the Gabby Goat is finally catching on in Effingham. After several businesses have been in the building I think the public was reluctant to give it a try. Last time I was there it was a full house and the food was great. They have a lot of unique spins on Hamburgers and Hotdogs. My favorite the Effingham burger.

Visited February 2013