“Helpful Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Kingsland, Texas
“Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We checked in late, experiencing mechanical problems with my motorcycle. The desk clerk was very helpful in recommending a local shop and did his best to situate us in a room where we could keep an eye on the bikes, though there were no ground floor rooms available.

The room was clean and comfortable. We were so focused on getting my bike tended to, that we really didn't utilize the facilities. We slept well, which was the main thing, and the referral to Legacy Harley Barn was excellent!

Room Tip: This Econolodge is located behind a restaurant and next to a Comfort Inn, so it is very quiet. Room...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Vicky M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Effingham, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to write your online response. Your opinion is very important to us. On behalf of the staff and myself we thank you for choosing our hotel, and look forward to your next visit.
Vicky Mckerrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Minooka, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Checked into this hotel on Aug 6th, 2014. We were placed in room 135. The room itself was very dated, and the shower floor was disgusting with dirt and mold (have a pix to post if I have the option to post after this review). About 12:30 am, a group of young thugs arrived in an extremely loud car, with radio blasting. They left and returned 4 times from 12:30-3:00am. The last time a visible altercation occurred just outside our door where our car was parked. Foul language and screaming was the last straw. We were forced out at 3:00am. Will never return.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank conchytonker
Vicky M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Effingham, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to place response. I am happy we were able to take care of this issue, as guest causing trouble were made to leave, and compensation was given
to you for your trouble.I am just sorry that your stay was interrupted and we were not able to give you a great expierience.i hope you will give us another chance .
Vicky Mckerrow

Travellers are raving about these Effingham hotels

Ligonier
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

First room was pretty hot, but they moved us with no problem. Rooms were spacious and clean. Internet was not very good at all. Got an "alright" connection in the first room (close to office), NO connection in the next room, but was able to get a great connection from the Motel next door.

Room Tip: If you are not comfortable in a room due to poor heat/ac, tell them to move you. If they will not th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vicky M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Effingham, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for taking time to fill out the online review. Your opinion is very important
to us. On behalf of myself and my staff, i apologize for the problems you had during your stay with us. We will use your comments to make improvements and i hope you will give us another chance to give you an excellant stay.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

So we made this stop on our trip across country. We called ahead and got a slightly discounted price for doing a reservation. The guy that worked the office was extremely nice and helpful. I wasn't expecting much from this place, but it was better than expected. Our room was very clean, with very clean floors. I see some bad reviews for this place, so I don't know if we just got a good room, or if they have made some changes. Either way we were happy with it. Their was a restaurant right in front of the hotel. I forgot the name, but it was very good and had cheap kids meals..avg price of a kid meal was 2.00. Some minor issues were the channels did not line up with the little plaque they have in the room, and the shower was a little weird. There were three knobs. the middle one controlled the switch from shower to bathtub, and the other two were hot/cold. They did have a good continental breakfast. (waffles, pastries, cereal, biscuits and gravy).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mevo81
Vicky M, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Effingham, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to fill out the online review. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we will use your comments to be able to make your stay as exceptional as we can. We appriciate your staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Ingersoll, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I hadn't even checked in yet when the problems started. The young man at reception wouldn't honor the online advertised price for a single, non smoking room even when I showed him a printout of the ad.
However, being tired from a long day on the road I told the man I would take the room in spite of the falsely advertised price but also stated that I would never be back again.
I should have moved on regardless of being tired because after arriving at my room I immediately noticed it was filthy with carpets that had not been vacuumed in quite some time, tub and sink full of hair and bed sheets of questionable freshness.
Before turning in for the night I needed to send some important e-mails. This was problematic because the internet kept cutting in and out. So down to the front desk I went to inform the man of my internet problem. He stated that there was nothing wrong with the internet and that it must be a problem with my laptop. He might have gotten away with this excuse if it hadn't been for someone from a different room who called up while I was there and said her internet was not working either.
This prompted the fellow at reception to say he'd look into the problem and eventually my internet was working.
Once I got my long delayed e-mails sent I decided to turn in for the night. I woke up part way through the night and noticed that part of me was laying directly on the mattress. Apparently no one told the housekeeping staff that the bottom sheets are supposed to be tucked in.
Before leaving the next morning I requested a receipt and was given a piece of paper that was nearly illegible, I had to accept it since it was the best their printer would do.
If all this wasn't enough to sour me on the place I spoke to some colleagues who had stayed at the same place the night before. Lo and behold the advertised price was indeed honored for them but for some reason they wouldn't honor it for me.
In summary, don't stay at this place. It's filthy, the internet is spotty and any advertised price isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Stillwater, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped just for the night. Easy access from the freeway. Pet friendly and I love being able to park outside my room door. Beds were okay. Microwave and refrig in rooms.

Some minor issues that were irritating - low shower head, loud vent in bathroom, TV channels were not as listed on the card in the room, TV remote didn't work, phone cord was broken and taped to phone, receptionist couldn't help with anything other than a new room, parking lot was not plowed and icy.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Vicky M, Manager at Econo Lodge Effingham, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. Let me first apologize to you for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay with us. We are working hard to correct any and all issues here at our hotel. We are under new management and working with our owner to fix all of the physical problems within our hotel. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Vicky McKerrow
Manager
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We should have ran when we walked in the lobby and noticed the unpleasant odor but it was 11:30 pm and we'd been driving all day and he girl at the front desk was very friendly so I thought I could overlook it. The room smelled worse...I had to spray cologne to make it tolerable. The sheets were obviously soiled so my husband had to go to the front desk to get new ones so we could remake the bed...at this point we just needed to get a few hours of sleep. The towels were also either stained or dirty...I said dirty and didn't use them Definitely left my shoes on until I got into bed and only used the clean sheet we just put on for a cover and our own pillows. The air conditioner was noisy and never shut off. The entire hotel was very rundown and I didn't feel quite as secure as I would have liked since the door opened up right onto the parking lot. Hit the road at 4 am after only a few hours sleep just to get out of there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
John P, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Effingham, responded to this review, 19 November 2013