“Great place to stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Great service, clean rooms & handicapped accessible which I recently needed due to stay in the hospital. Also pet friendly - our dog loved this hotel - felt right at home and he has traveled with us for 9 years,

Everything and more was more than we expected - great value and great hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our room was very comfortable with 2 queen beds and included a separate area with a couch and coffee table. We had lots of room and were very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was GREAT. Fresh fruit, lots of assorted hot foods and everything was fresh and hot. We enjoyed out breakfast.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We discovered this Comfort Suites by accident: we were on the road, tired, and needed a place to stay. Very clean with great staff. Pet friendly. The best Comfort Suites we have ever stayed in. Be sure to eat at Niemerg's next door if you stay. Basic American fare, but very good and reasonable. We now stop there several times a year on our trips from the east coast to Santa Fe, NM.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here on our way back to Florida from Minneapolis. We are retired and have 2 small dogs and are always looking for good motels that accommodate animals. We always try to stay in LaQuinta Motels as they have been great for us in the past, but we could not find one for this night stay. This property is older, but well maintained and very clean and well kept. Very convenient from the interstate. Limited areas to walk dogs. Good breakfast and service. We would recommend this motel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank redavis42
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband and I now have to split our trips north into two drives, so an overnight stay in central Illinois is de rigueur. We find this Comfort better than the one in Salem. It is very clean, with pillow-top beds and plenty of pillows in both soft and firm textures. The staff is nice, it's all smoke-free, and breakfast goes until 9:30 weekdays, rather than 9:00 am. We will return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank visuality
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay and had another difficult time getting up in a Comfort Suites because their beds are so comfortable!!!! My room was clean, but had to ask for soap, as none was left in my room. On the way back to my room from a short trip, I was able to pick soap up at the front desk without any problems, and a huge apology! Breakfast was good, but the young woman in charge of the breakfast didn't want to make another batch of waffle mix at 9:45. I know I was late, but it should not have been an issue. She said it would take her "10 minutes to prepare and by that time breakfast would almost be over!" I explained that since breakfast was served until 10, I had my heart set on a waffle, and I really wanted one. Although she didn't argue, she definitely had an attitude afterward. With so many unemployed people, if she didn't want to work, she needed to let someone else have her job who did, and who would appreciate it. She was THE reason I gave less than a perfect score for my stay.

Room Tip: King rooms give the most room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Always was able to use a military discount at Comfort suites. But not able to when I checked in on a Friday evening. The said they don't allow it to be used on weekends. The front desk said that this rate for
military veterans is locked out on their computers by their corporate. I am glad that since I served this great country I didn't take weekends off. Sad that this discount is only available on week nights only. I sure that other chains offer military discounts on weekends

Mark MUNGOVAN