“Business travelers RELAX”

Candlewood Suites Elgin - Northwest Chicago
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I checked into this hotel thinking I could save a few dollars on per diem and spend more on dinners. They had good choices in the store for breakfast, it only cost $3. Quick and easy. The room had WiFi so I could get my work done and after work there is more than enough speed to watch my Netfliks. They had DVDs to borrow, but they are all kinda old. Laundry room is free and right next to the fitness center. Did my workout and laundry at the same time. Multitasking all good. Jamie at the desk was always pleasant to talk to about dinner options.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly, they have discounts that are not online.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank S C

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My company sent me for training to the Elgin area. Since I was staying for a few days I decided to go to an extended stay hotel. I love the full kitchen to make my own healthy breakfast and dinner. All the clothes I had went home clean, they have a FREE laundry there, I just purchased detergent from Walmart down the street. Free DVD loaner collection, DVD players in all the rooms.
The staff are friendly and the hotel was clean and bright, made me feel safe when I arrived every evening. None of the hidden charges some full service hotels charge you. 100% non smoking is great! I am very happy with this hotel, If I come back to the area again this will be the place I will stay!

Room Tip: For added security, I would recommend ladies request the top floor, since the windows open.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lorraine K
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I just moved to the area and had to wait until my apartment was ready. The rooms are like mini apartments. If you stay for a few weeks, the rates are great and you get a full kitchen to boot. The staff is friendly and always smiling. Since this is linked to Holiday Inns, I got Priority club points. Loved it so much I will send my family here to stay instead of staying with me in my apartment.

Room Tip: Take a upper floor if it is available, Highway is not an issue with noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott K
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Life circumstances required me to make a long-term stay at this hotel. The GM treated me with great kindness, the staff was exceptional to me every day for years. I really valued my time at Candlewood Suites and definitely recommend it to people looking for an alternative to apartment living. The rates are reasonable, they do housekeeping weekly, the Cupboard is handy. Great proximity to I-90 and easy access to Randall Road. Location was wonderful - close to shopping and restaurants. The layout of the rooms was exceptional with a wonderful kitchen, large bathroom and very comfortable king-sized bed. I was happy there.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor, treat it like an apartment and not a hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ava113
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed here with my husband for a few days while he attended a workshop. This seems to be a newer hotel or at least very well cared for. We had a studio type room that faced south and a king sized bed. Hotel staff was friendly and everyone was very accommodating. I have to take a star off for not having housekeeping daily, but we adapted with no problem. They do have a store here if you need anything and while the prices seem reasonable I would choose either the Walmart or target done the road. The fridge and the microwave were clean and I wasn't scared to store food in them. For the shoppers: There's a nice shopping center a few miles down the road both north and south of here.

Room Tip: I would choose a high floor, but I do in every hotel room I stay in.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joey K
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Hotel is clean and friendly staff. My only criticism is the upkeep of the grounds. Weeds and more weeds. Flowers and shrubs in need of water. Cigarette butts all over the patio area and the grills are badly in need of cleaning.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra E
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Would be a wonderful place for business extended stays. Nice kitchens with dishwasher. Large closet and bathroom. Comfortable bed. If you forget anything like a comb, toothbrush, toothpaste or razor don't expect complimentary replacements. You must purchase them from the lobby "store".

Room Tip: Choose an upper room. Guests walking across the room on upper floors can be heard loudly on lower f...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mepo_Chris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elgin
Comfort Suites Elgin
Hampton Inn Chicago/Elgin
Courtyard Chicago Elgin/West Dundee
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 8 in Elgin

Been to Candlewood Suites Elgin - Northwest Chicago? Share your experiences!