“Clean and efficient”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I stayed here for 5 days in late Dec of 2012. The rooms were about average size for a Q Inn. They were clean. The housekeeping service did a thorough job despite the hotel's age being able to be detected. The Wifi was moderately fast. The breakfast was a standard hot breakfast. For some reason, the coffee was above average. Most of the hotels water the coffee down =, but here it was hot and strong. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. We had a problem with our toilet and while the maintenance guy was quick to respond and get working on it, he was obviously not happy about it, letting out some swears. Being in construction, they did not surprise or bother me, but would be inappropriate around children. Overall, I would recommend this property. Rooms were value priced...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. Our staff takes incredible pride in the service and product they provide to our guests. Since your last stay during construction you will be pleased with the finished product of our front lobby being updated, brand new updated furniture in the rooms, totally remodeled bathrooms, and so much more! I do apologize for our maintenances unprofessional language and it has been addressed. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Thank you again for your kind words they are very much appreciated.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

For the very economical price we paid, this place was great. Clean, comfortable, friendly and attentive to guests' needs. Pet friendly and affordable. Easy to find right off I-90. They gave us a room near an outside door so we could easily go outside with our 2 small dogs when the need arose. There is a small fee for pets but the regular rate is very affordable for such nice accommodations. The best bonus was a really good breakfast buffet. I don't know if weekdays feature such a great breakfast (we were there on a Saturday morning), but they even had biscuits and bacon which was a treat!! Check in was a breeze too. Efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We stayed in a king size bed room on Nov. 16. The front desk staff were very friendly. The room was surprisingly very spacious and the bed was comfortable, not rock hard. I also loved that they provided 4 pillows, some of which were thicker than others. That way I picked the most comfortable one. The hotel was very clean as well as the room. The ONLY thing that I did not like was the the heater had settings from 1-10 so it was hard to know which number to put it on to be comfortable, it was like having to do trial and error. Free continental breakfast is included.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for those not wanting to spend too much as it was very nice and good quality.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Nice clean place and the staff (Jim) were very friendly and helpful. Did a walk-in check-in, as the 800 # I used turned out to be a 3rd party booker from India, and was fouled up. Actually got a much better rate at the front desk! Took another hour to cancel the prior reservation with that blasted 3rd party booker, but was not Quality Inn's issue. Overall very pleased with this hotel and will stay here again on road-trips to Minneapolis. btw... use this # to make a reservation if you wish... 847-608-7300.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Not spectacular but no issues either. The staff were all friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and quiet and a good breakfast with more than the usual selection of items is available in the morning. Recommended! Good eats for dinner across the road at Alexanders restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Wingman_Dan
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This is one hotel that I wish I could rate a 3.5. It was above average in many respects, but not quite "Very Good" overall. I've just stayed in way to many hotels that are Very Good to score this property at that level. So, I'll have to stick with "average".

However, I have no major complaints. We stayed here during a four-day family trip to the area (cleaning out a parent's home) and didn't see the hotel very often. The staff was friendly and attentive when we checked in. The room seemed clean and included a fridge (which we used) and a microwave (which we didn't).

Our one main gripe is that the TV in the room was not HD or a flat screen. Frustrating since we were there during the Olympics. Flat screens seems pretty common in most hotels I'd rate "above average".

The wi-fi in the hotel was free, but quite slow and sporadic. If you've got a lot of surfing or work to do on the internet, that could get in the way.

On our last night, there was quite a bit of noise from the guests next door and above us: lots of stomping and running around. I sleep with ear plugs so it didn't bother me too much, but the rest of my family lost sleep because of it. Come on folks, control yourselves (and your kids) and think about someone else for a change.

One of my other pet peeves was quite prevalent here: the housekeeping staff, in an effort to be efficient, swing the bar on the door out so that the door won't close all the way when they are walking in and out of the room they are cleaning. Then they just let the door slam shut on the bar and it reverberates throughout the whole hallway. I guess they've never stayed in a hotel where this happens. It's REALLY annoying at 7:00 a.m.

We'll stay at the Quality Inn again. Easy access to the interstate and close to lots of dining and shopping options.

Room Tip: First floor was quite noisy at night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Claybow
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel. The front desk staff was very nice. When I made the reservation I was told we would have a room with two queen beds and when arrived we had one king bed, we went back to the desk and they said they didn't have any rooms with queen beds so we took a room with two double beds. The room was your basic hotel room and looked like it could really use an update. It was clean and quiet. The beds were not very comfortable and the breakfast was just ok. The elevator stopped working but the maintenance department fixed it right away. We were only there to sleep so the hotel served it's purpose.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
Hampton Inn Chicago/Elgin
Candlewood Suites Elgin - Northwest Chicago
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Elgin, IL
Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest
Courtyard Chicago Elgin/West Dundee
Comfort Suites Elgin

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!