“Worked well for a late night meal”
Review of Bennigan's

Bennigan's
Ranked #9 of 194 Restaurants in Elgin
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A high-energy neighborhood restaurant and tavern, Bennigan's is relentlessly focused on the people, food and experience that define it. Every member of the team "bleeds green" to go above and beyond the casual dining expectations of today. Our new restaurant design is warm and inviting, putting the focus on the food, the drinks and, as always, the Irish Hospitality. Bennigan's has always been a neighborhood favorite - not just for food and drinks, but as a place to meet friends and kick back for a while. That spirit lives on in everything we do, every single day. It's the way Bennigan's was created, and it's the way our Legendary story continues.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stopped here because I could walk here from the Hampton Inn just down the street. The menu was large for a nice selection. The food was good, and the beer was cold; that makes for a good place for me.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. With food service until 11 PM, an amazing menu and a great selection of beers on tap, we are a good option for a late night meal. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Nothing to note in the really good or really bad columns
- Average service
- Average food (overlooked steak)
- Average meal

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We loved having you as our guest, my apology for the overcooked steak. We are working hard to make sure our grills are at the right temp and on low heat to eliminate the oversearing problem. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Ok. So I'm trapped in an area with few restaurant choices. I remember Bennigans from a long time ago and decide to give it a go. So I order a buffalo chicken salad. One of my favorite dishes. I asked for a draft beer that they supposedly had on draft and they delivered someone else's by mistake. Apparently it was not actually on tap. I drank some before I figured it out. That beer was ok and I was not charged. No problem here. Back to the salad. It was huge and reasonably tasty. But I was very disappointed in the chicken. It was mostly breading that reminded me of children's chicken nuggets, only larger. I couldn't eat all that breading without more beer. This time they got it right. And the beer I requested was magically on tap. No good excuses here as the place was not busy at all.

A glutton for punishment, I returned a few nights later and ordered the steak salad. The key word being _ordered_ as the steak was less than in a McD hamburger. I think it barely qualified as a portion. For $4 more you can double that to a full kids meal equivalent. So I finished the salad and was still hungry. For some reasons, the steak salad had less greens than the buffalo chicken salad. So I tried to negotiate for a half order of buffalo wings. I told you I like them. So I was basically told that a half order was possible, but for a 10% discount off full price. Really? So I left hungry. I'm not going back here again. It's not like I was being stingy with cash as I had ordered plenty of beer and had a substantial bill to settle before I left.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry for the less than perfect chicken strips that were served with your salad, I have talked with our chef to assure that we are purchasing the top quality chicken that we require and that our quality control is assuring that the best is being served. My apologies for disappointing you, and look forward to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Hubby & I ate here while staying at the Holiday Inn, as they are attached via the hotel lobby. Atmosphere was nice. Hubby had an Irish burger on a pretzel bun, which was HUGE! He raved over it, and he's not one to rave. I had Cajun grilled salmon, with broccoli. The salmon's flavor was good, but it was dry. The broccoli, however, was the best I ever had. Don't know what the did different in preparing it, but it was scrumptious! Staff was friendly, but very, very slow, and it wasn't especially busy. Fortunately we weren't in a hurry.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I checked with our executive chef on the secret to the broccoli that you enjoyed at our Bennigan's and here's how to get it done at home. Steam the broccoli to desired softness add Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, a little crushed Red Pepper , Butter and Parmesan Cheese. Sautee all ingrediants lightly and serve. Thank you for being our guests.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Went there after they renovated the place. Table of 3, seated quickly. After 20 minutes we walked out. Not one single staff member stopped by our table. No water, no nothing. On the way out we informed the hostess as to why we were departing. She just looked at us and didn't say a word. Pathetic.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Sharing your experience of last year was helpful in reminding our entire staff to be alert at all times to our customers needs and help our retraining of our service staff. I am truly sorry for not being served promptly and hope you will give us another try to showcase our improvements.

Been to Bennigan's? Share your experiences!