“great place great pizza”
Review of Chooch's Pizza

Chooch's Pizza
Ranked #24 of 187 Restaurants in Elgin
Price range: US$15 - US$25
“great place great pizza”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Wonderful experience. First visit. Sausage & green pepper. Ate outside. Nice and clean. It was a pleasure to find an adult place to have a quiet meal without a pack of screaming kids for a change.
Will be a regular now!

• Visited July 2014

Elgin, Illinois
“Nice place, No kids menu”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The restaurant was nice. The out door eating area was really nice. You get a nice view of Elgin's river walk area. I didn't feel like it was a great place to take the kids. There is no kids menu. I realize they can eat cheese pizza, but if they don't like that you are out of luck. There isn't anything for young children to do. My kids are 3&5 and it took a while to get 2 pizzas. It was a little difficult to keep the kiddos happy.

• Visited May 2014
“Great pizza.”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

The pizza and staff are great.Their patio is a great place to sit and have a beer and pizza with friends

Elgin, Illinois
“Great Service, Great Sandwiches”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I've been to this place three times over the last 2 weeks for a combination of business and couples. Each time the service was outstanding.

Food especially pizza is all a question of personal taste and I'm gonna be honest here the pizza was not all that great. It was thin crust sausage. The density of the crust was OK and if I was going to classify it, i'd call it more NY style. Spicy sauce, light on the cheese...crumbled sausage.

Now the lunch Chipotle Chicken Focaccia sandwich was damn good. One of best Foccacia sandwiches I've had. Served with a side of coleslaw, it was filling yet not wasteful. Had it not been a business meeting I would have tried one of the beer specials.

The wife and I returned to try their regular meals with her having the Ravioli and I the spaghetti both with meat sauce and side salads. My wife liked the Ravioli while the spaghetti was ok but nothing to jump over fences about.

Over all the service was outstanding in each event but I'd recommend going for the Lunch Special Focaccia Sandwiches...it'd be nice if they materialized on the dinner menu.

The décor is great, warm and classy. My hat is off to both the owner and other business people of Downtown Elgin trying to restore the business district and add both culture and spice.

Good Luck

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank DigitalNomadIL
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Wings, Pizza & Great Service ALWAYS!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We dined her quite a few times and it hasn't disappointed yet. We always have the same petite brunette waitress (wish I could remember her name) but she's fantastic! She's usually the only one waiting tables and is running the entire time but she keeps up! We'll def be back again soon! Thank u!

Visited August 2013

Been to Chooch's Pizza? Share your experiences!