“Best chicken I have ever tasted!!”

Casa del Pollo Asado
Ranked #116 of 188 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 August 2014

At first I was kind of iffy about trying this place out but my family was raving about it so I decided to stop in one day and wow was I surprised! I ordered a family order with 3 sides tortillas and salsa (I had many salsa choices and you could tell they were home made and fresh-- best chiles en vinagre and pico de gallo I've tasted) as soon as I bit into the chicken I instantly fell in love it was so juicy and tender the seasoning on the chicken is like I have never tasted before and let's not forget the beans! So delicious! Highly recommend this place if you're in the mood for chicken!!

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

If this small diner was in a touristy location the line would be out the door for the chicken. Then there's the salsas, rice and beans which were all fantastic! If your close it's a must stop! The menu is limited but the chicken is worth it.

2  Thank Stuart F
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I expected the chicken to be good (like Pollo Loco in California) but this is much better. The salsa selection is good. The real standout here were the beans. It sounds ludicrous that simple old beans could be such a big deal, but you really must try them to believe them. They are extremely flavorful olla style beans (not mashed re-fried style). The portions are immense and the value is excellent. The interior is quirky but serviceable.

2  Thank Janhuss
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I compare the chick to El Pollo Loco chain out West, but much better! We usually order the 12 pc. meal which includes 3 sides and tortillas. Chicken is always juicy and tasty. The grilled onions and jalepenos that come with it are very good. I have not tried anything else on the menue except the rice and beans as sides. Very consisten great food. I see many people doing the carry out also.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Honestly, I sort of avoided the place thinking it was a dive. But I was wrong and judging it from the surrounding area. The food was delicious. I recommend the beans (not vegetarian), guacamole and mashed potatoes. The roasted chicken (pollo asado) was juicy and good. I will consider taking out from here the next time I am in the mood for some chicken.

Been to Casa del Pollo Asado? Share your experiences!