“Best fast food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dundee, Illinois
“Best fast food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A great place if you want some great basic fast food. You can't beat the 2-hot dog specials which include 2 hot dogs, a large drink and more fries than you can eat.

• Visited May 2014

Wheaton, Illinois, USA
“Good food, kind of expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I went during lunch and it was busy, not packed. Parking was at a premium at the small plaza. Food was very good. I had a pulled pork sandwich and the meat was moist and sauce sweet. I wish I had a little more sauce on the side. Fries were better than average and not scalding hot. Prices were higher than normal for a place like this. Most sandwich "deals" were $8.50 and up.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Elgin, Illinois
“Good & Basic Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The "Big Guy" was there the few times we went. Very personable fellow! Excellent food value.

The only time I was disappointed was at lunch rush, it took too long to just get an order of fries and a soda. They were BUSY! It certainly didn't ruin my day.

It would be nice if they could expand the kitchen, but the place next door is occupied so nowhere to go.

• Visited January 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I liked the 2 dog special. Chicago dogs taste great. The other options are just as good. Italian beef and burgers are good too.

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Consistently Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We've been to Big Sammy's a number of times, including this most recent visit. They are currently running a special where you get 2 chicago style hot dogs, french fries, and a drink for $5.00. I think that's a very good deal, so I decided that was what I was going to order.

They ask you for your name when they take your order so they can call you by name when your food is ready. It's a nice touch to make it a bit more personalized. The hot dogs were piping hot and dressed perfectly, and the fried were so hot I could not even touch them. This is typical of Big Sammy's. They literally have the hottest fries around. You usually have to wait a few minutes before you can touch them. They are a larger size fry which I prefer to the smaller size cut some restaurants are using now.

They keep the restaurant clean, and I also used the restroom while I was there and it was clean as well. I wish the restaurant was larger, because sometimes during lunch it fills up, and the tables are arranged in two long rows of tables side by side touching each other.

I would not hesitate to recommend Big Sammy's and their food. I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013