“Best Party Ever!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Elgin
Elgin, Illinois
“Best Party Ever!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Holiday Inn was the perfect place for our Sweet 16 daughter's party. We had about 50 guests in the Crystal Room. The room was beautiful and very comfortable. Everybody had a great time. They loved the food and the staff were efficient and friendly. I was reluctant to spend a ton of money on a birthday party, but the Holiday Inn was definitely a great value. Our event coordinator, Kaitlyn Rapacz, was totally amazing. She was a dream to work with. She managed to get us everything we wanted on a specific budget. She was honest, pleasant and professional at the same time. Mark took over during the event, he managed to go above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of during the party. He was great, he even pleased the kids to hang a butterfly piñata. They had a blast. There's nothing more we could have asked for our daughter's Sweet 16 party, and I would absolutely recommend the Holiday Inn to anyone who is planning to make a party.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for feedback. Our entire banquet staff enjoyed making your daughters 16th birthday a memorable one. Thank you for the glowing review and many thanks for being our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Missouri
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Location was right off I-90. I was in area to attend baseball games at Judson University--only about a mile or two away. Busy area, but close to shopping and restaurants. Nice, clean and comfortable hotel. Great staff. Nice area. I will definitely stay here again if I'm in the area. The hotel itself had an upscale feel to it. I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn's and I classify this one as great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Funandsun23
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We loved taking care of you and are looking forward to providing another great experience on your next visit. Thank you for being our guest.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very comfortable beds and pillows. I got this hotel on Priceline, so I don't know if it's worth the money normally charged, but for Priceline, this was a very nice deal. The only issue was there were a bunch of hockey kids (around ages 8-10) that were making a lot of noise in the hallways, and despite the front desk being told, it never really stopped.

Room Tip: Specifically ask to be away from any large blocks of guests who may be inclined to make more noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. When hockey teams stay in our hotel we do our best to keep the parents and chaperones notified about the noise factor being generated, most chaperones are excellent in keeping their teams in line, I am sorry that was not the case during your stay. I have notified our security team to take stronger action to eliminate the noise in future events. Many thanks for your your generous comments about our hotel, and we're looking forward to serving you again.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

A standard typical Holiday Inn. No surprise whatsoever. Poor, slow and weak wifi. Difficult to get connection that is stable.

Located too far away from airport. They have agreement with cab company for transport to Chicago Airport, around USD 45:- one way.

Not possible to adjust temperature in the room so if you are hot or cold you are stuck, no possibility to open the windows.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of upgrading our free WiFi system and will be adding faster speeds and more than doubling the distribution hubs so the signal is even and continuous for easier use, I am very sorry that we did not complete the project while we were renovating the hotel. We are looking forward to serving you a better WiFi signal on your next visit to our area.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I got a room that had menstrual blood on my bed . I was so disgusted . It was dried on there so it ment that clearly the housekeeping didnt change any of the sheets . Thank GOD I got a extra bed for my son to sleep in so we shared a bed . The manger rhage took care of me as far as the room but never in my life has this happend to me and I travel a lot.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mrstravelaway
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I have discussed the problem you encountered and brought to my attention with our entire housekeeping department and brought to their attention the importance of checking all beds for cleanliness even though they might seem to have not beed used. My apologies for the problem you encountered and many thanks for helping me maintain our high standards.
Toronto
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for a single night while on business in the area. This hotel is right off I-90 in a nice area, with shopping and restaurants near by.

The hotel has been remodeled, and it is clean and bright, in the lobby, restaurant and rooms. Everything was comfortable, well maintained, and had an upscale feel to it. My room had a separate bedroom area, including two large flat screen tv's. Everything worked well, although the wifi was a bit slow later in the evening, and the air conditioner was loud. The Bennigins restaurant was clean and friendly, although the food was average.

If back in the area, I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ToSquareBob1
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased indeed with the high praise and are looking forward to serving you on your next visit to our area.
West Union, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip with my husband. Was amazed at the reasonable rate, cleanliness & service. Our room was huge, with a sitting area equipped with sofa, table to eat at, micro, refrigerator, TV & sink. We had a king sized bed which was crisp, clean, & luxuriously comfortable. The sleeping area included a desk and TV. The bathroom was the largest we'd ever seen in a hotel, with a roomy, double shower. Hotel has a Bennigan's Bar & Grill attached, with great food!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to have exceeded your expectations, I might also add that you did a lovely job in describing our King executive suite. Thank you for being our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
Hampton Inn Chicago/Elgin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elgin
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 8 in Elgin
Courtyard Chicago Elgin/West Dundee
Comfort Suites Elgin
TownePlace Suites Chicago Elgin/West Dundee

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest? Share your experiences!