“Scratchy Towels”
Review of Super 8 Elgin

Super 8 Elgin
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed 8 August 2013

When I first arrived to check in there were 2 people sitting outside the front doors, with all their stuff in black bags. You could tell that they had been kicked out. Well when I went back to lay down around 4pm they were still there. The motel smells like cig smoke, at least the hallways did. The towels in the room were scratchy and old, one even had a hole in it. The flat sheet had a hole, as well as the sheets were very thin like they were more then a few years old. The front desk staff was nice, but they were worried about my mother staying with me in the room and getting their 2.00 a day, also I checked at 1pm and the guy charged me 10.00 for an early check-in. This is really a locals hotel and it is in need of a redo. The only plus was they had a micro/fridg in the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I didn't have a reservation, but I did get a pet room. After the desk clerk told me the price, I asked if being a CAA member made a difference and he said he already applied the discount. How did he know?
The room was dingy, the bed was terrible. One side was sagging terribly, so I slept ont he other side. In the morning I woke up and thre were ants on the floor. I couldn't properly get ready to leave because they were infront of the sink! I'm not talking a couple, there were easily a dozen or more on the tile floor and I couldn't tell if there were any on the rug because it was a very dark colour. When I mentioned it at the front desk when I checked out, he asked me if I had dropped food on the floor. It was cat food.......but where did the ants come from?! There should be no ants! I won't go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
super8elgin, General Manager at Super 8 Elgin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention and please accept my personal apology for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay at the Super 8 Motel in Elgin,after I have spoken with the cleark and checked the rate you get.. yes you got the discounted price and on top of that he credited another discount about your concern for Ants to your creditcard,We have the professional pest control services and maintainance person to take care of problem you faced, still Our consistent goals of cleanliness and friendly service require diligent attention to feedback from our guest,so again we apologize and if you give us one more chance it will be apriciated and you can contact me personally and I will assure you we will serve you well and that you will enjoy your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 8 in Elgin
Hampton Inn Chicago/Elgin
Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elgin
Comfort Suites Elgin
TownePlace Suites Chicago Elgin/West Dundee

Been to Super 8 Elgin? Share your experiences!