“Kitchen sink for dessert”

Colonial Ice Cream Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 8 Dessert in Elgin
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Specialties Breakfast: Variety of Omelettes, Skillets, Benedits, Crepes, French Toast, Pancakes and More! Lunch: Take a bite from our large selection of delicious Sandwiches, Salads and Burgers! Dinner: Try our homestyle dinners including Cheesy Bacon Mac & Cheese, Meatloaf Baked Fresh Daily, Bruschetta Chicken, just to name a few! Ice Cream: Classic Ice Cream Sundaes, scoops, Shakes, and of course the world famous Kitchen Sink! Great for after dinner or just for dessert! **We keep our traditional dishes all year round, but in addition to those we also offer special different options during each season! Catering: We offer a selection of catering options for Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch! Great for parties and meetings. Free Large Party Rooms Available! See your local Colonial Cafe for Fundraising Opportunities
pasig
“Kitchen sink for dessert”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Daring enough to eat the kitchen sink alone?

Kitchen sink is a must try if you love ice cream. If I am not mistaken, 6 scoops of ice cream.

If you finish eating the kitchen sink you get a free sticker.

I did not try the other food because I need to finish my kitchen sink!!!

• Visited April 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Nice family dinner”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I dined at Colonial for a family dinner with my daughter, and also my son, his wife and their 2 children. Since there were 7 of us, the restaurant was very accommodating to push several tables together so we could all sit together.

Colonial has a great variety of food, plus you can get breakfast anytime, so that gives you plenty of choices. Three of us had breakfast, my daughter had a health wrap, and the 2 kids had kids meals. Everyone was able to get what they wanted, and everyone was happy. Our server checked back with us regularly and refilled our drinks whenever we needed it. My son and his wife shared a peanut butter chipper ice cream sundae for dessert which looked very delicious, but I was full from my breakfast skillet.

Colonial has done a nice job of remodeling their restaurants in the area, including this one, so the furnishings are up to date. I would recommend Colonial to anyone in the area.

• Visited October 2013
Elgin
“Breakfast or Ice Cream”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have lived near Colonial our whole lives and have watched it change into a nice restaurant. The inside has recently been remodeled to a clean and modern look. Service is always good as well as the food, especially for breakfast. It's a great place to stop for ice cream as well, our favorite is the PBF Chipper. They do fundraisers for the community, which we really appreciate.

• Visited July 2013
Skokie, Illinois
“Ho Hum Yum”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The main draw at this pleasant family restaurant are breakfasts and an extensive ice cream menu. Cooked-to-order breakfast staples are very good, and hey, you can't go wrong with the desserts.

The lunch and dinner menu consists of mainstream diner fare. The items we sampled ranged from decent to meh. Even the decent items tasted institutional, as though prepared in bulk quantities. This is a place to indulge in a budget-friendly and filling meal, but for healthy, upscale, or trendy dining, look elsewhere.

Servers are friendly but forgetful, even when this restaurant is not busy.

• Visited July 2013
“Food tasted like a frozen dinner”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Went for the first time, tried the pot roast and it was over priced for the quality. Does not come with a side it is served like a skillet with uncooked carrots and small potato cubes that taste like they were cooked in a microwave! Ice cream was ok, no big deal either.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Colonial Ice Cream Restaurant? Share your experiences!