“Charming motel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elizabeth
Marcotte's Family Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elizabeth
Chicago, Illinois
“Charming motel”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We spent two days at the motel during the 4th of July long weekend. The room and bathroom were large and had everything we needed: great nature view, comfortable cute clean bedding, fridge and microwave. The owners are very pleasant and hospitable. They showed us on the map off-beaten scenic path directions to the local attractions, made bonfire to repel unusually aggressive gnats while we were relaxing outside in the motel courtyard. I would recommend this motel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Collinsville, Illinois
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for two days and loved it! The room in which we stayed had a king bed, microwave and refrigerator and there was a table and chairs, daybed and comfy chair included in the room. This is the type of motel that is very family and couple friendly, with a great view of the valley and chairs to relax outdoors in the evening. We were the only guests over the weekend, which surprised us, since all of the accommodations in Stockton, about 15 miles east, were all filled. This is a gem of a place and unless you need a hotel with a sterile style, this is the place to relax and enjoy your stay. Donna is a great hostess and she strives to make your stay pleasant. Give it a try and step back into the pleasures of a return to mid-century travel!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of three rooms which are located separately from the main motel, although right acr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had driven a U-Haul accross parts of Iowa - booooooring! - that day, continuing onwards to Illinois, and had already picked Elizabeth, IL as my goal for the night. When I finally showed up at Marcotte's Family Motel way late and way after dark (in the middle of August) I nevertheless received a perfectly friendly welcome and found myself in a clean and spacious room in less than five minutes. I had about as much space as I had in the apartment where I had been living, and mind you, this was 'only' a motel room. In the morning there was a tray with a coffee thermos and a vanilla sauce covered muffin outside the room, so yes, for a night's stay while on the move from A to B it was absolutely perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
bolingbrook, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was not impressed with this place at all. Thankfully, I only had to spend one night there. Our room smelled musty and when I went to open the window to get some fresh air there were a bunch of dead bugs & wasps in the window. Our overhead light had one blown out bulb & the light fixture had a bunch of dead bugs in it. The blanket on our bed was at least 30 years old...seriously. This place is trying to disguise "old" as "antique". I did not feel clean and was worried about what I was touching. Not to mention that we could hear the man in the next room snoring all night! The water pressure and temperature in the shower seemed to vary, possilby due others showering or flushing their toliets?? It was about $20 overpriced also. Definitely not a place that I would ever recommend or stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank adesquirrel
Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I just happened on the Marcotte by accident. Going there two weeks ago, we were having difficulty making reservations anywhere in the Galena area and luckily the Marcotte had just gotten a last-minute cancellation. We felt particularly fortunate when we arrived there because the Marcotte was the type of homey, friendly, scenic spot we were looking for. Our little apartment was spotless, everything from the TV to the shower worked just fine and we had the most magnificent view of the countryside right outside our door. Donna was very friendly and gave us tips on the arts and crafts shows in the region. The homemade muffins and coffee first thing the next morning were just the right touch. We stayed there the first time by accident. The next time it will be by design.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Belleville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at Marcotte's Family Motel 2 nights and very much enjoyed my stay. The owners were very nice and provided a tray of coffee and muffins each morning outside our room. The room was nice and cozy with an updated looking bathroom. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room both of which were clean. I was vacationing in Galena for the weekend and the motel was 15-20 minutes outside of Galena but for the price I didn't mind driving the few extra minutes. Even though I didn't not get to enjoy the campfire they built outside Saturday I thought that was a nice touch. This motel has a beautiful view and they have tables and chairs for their guests to enjoy it. I would definitely stay here again if out that way.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NormaBAnthony
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed several days. I am not as excited about it as some reviewers. The owners are very nice. The room I was in was OK. The setting is beautiful but be aware that it is a mile out of town. It is a very peaceful place. The owners built a campfire on Saturday night which was very hospitable. The muffins delivered to the room in the morning -- very thoughtful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Elainest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Country Inn & Suites Stockton
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galena IL
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa
Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel
Stoney Creek Inn
Stoney Creek Inn
#2 of 11 in Galena

Been to Marcotte's Family Motel? Share your experiences!