“Excellent service & comfortable rooms--feels like home.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elizabeth
Marcotte's Family Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Although it's about 15 miles or so from Galena, this is a great place to stay. With 7 people in our party, we rented the "apartment"--it was perfect. We had our own little kitchen, two baths and enough beds to sleep 8. The owners loaned us their grill, started a campfire for us and let us use their hot tub and even provided robes. The country view is great and has some nice side roads for walking or running. I'd highly recommend this place and would certainly come back again. The morning coffee and muffins were fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bonjo22

Reviewed 7 April 2010

This motel has a great location just minutes from Galena.
The owners, Art and Donna, are great hosts who make you feel comfotable.
We stayed twice here and you can't beat the spot or the value.
Last year we stayed in a room that has it's own deck which was great to hang out on each evening. I recommend this for couples or small families since the motel does have rooms that are adjoining. Donna also makes great coffee and muffins each morning!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ggs1966
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I grew up in this neck of the woods and I remember when this motel was built back in the 60's. It has been thru many incarnations since then, but its current one as the Marcotte's Family Motel is probably the best yet. My son and I motorcycled 500 miles to visit my mother in Elizabeth, and we decided to give this establishment a try because it was so conveniently located. We rode thru a lot of foul weather that day and arrived soaked, but we were warmly welcomed and the the proprietor let us put our bikes in her personal garage to get them out of the weather. The setting is beautiful, the rooms are quaint, you can't beat the price, and the morning muffins are wonderful! I travel extensively all over the world and am involved in television production. This establishment just has a great retro, step-back-in-time feel. Check 'em out!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2009

Quaint, friendly, clean and very affordable. A great place to stay. Feels like family!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Great Hospitality. Comfortable cozy rooms.
We needd a ajoining room and it worked out great!

We had coffee and muffins at our doorstep in the morning.
We were traveling a night and the owner came out to greet us right away.
The rate was very affordable.
It's outside of Elizabeth, but worth the extra time if you are planning on seeing Galena.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2009

Every year our club travels to Galena. A couple of years back, the hotel where everyone was staying was booked and I "happened" across Marcotte Family Motel in Elizabethtown. This place was perfect. With plenty of nice paths/roads for those that run in the morning, to excellent views, comfortable and spacious rooms.... It was wonderful. I loved the stay and am now a continually returning customer. There is nothing better than going to bed after a nice campfire at night, then waking up to a pot of hot fresh coffee accompanied by a warm, fresh from the oven muffin sitting outside your door. I never slept better!! I have shared this wonderful place with many of my friends who love it and have returned just as much as I do.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I lucked into this delightful mom-and-pop style motel at dusk on a Saturday evening. It was a pleasant departure from the chain-motel travel experience. My room was charming, very clean, and had windows that open to allow cool evening air and soothing night sounds. The view over the lush, rolling hills was lovely. A carafe of coffee with a warm muffin was delivered to my room in the morning. AND, my sweet well-mannered dog was welcomed as warmly as I was.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo

Been to Marcotte's Family Motel? Share your experiences!