“Great Winery”

Massbach Ridge Winery
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Elizabeth
Reviewed 23 May 2012

If you like sweet wines this is your place. The staff is friendly and the wine tasting is a good idea.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

You drive out into the country, up a driveway to a very simple building with a covered porch. The cost of tasting is very low and they apply it to your purchase. The wines here are not as expensive as at the Galena Cellars, and there are some that we really enjoy. After tasting and purchasing, my wife and I like to buy a glass of wine and sit out on the porch to sip and talk. The vineyard is right there and it’s interesting to take a walk and see the grapes. This is not high-class wine, but I think it’s very good. Not many reds but a couple good ones for those of us who like wine on the drier side.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stopped at the winery for a taste testing. We were greeted by a friendly and helpfull staff. I found I enjoyed all the wines I tasted and had a hard time choosing which one I liked the best The prices for the wines are reasonable and they also have a nice selection of souvenirs. We also took a walk through the vineyard and it was beautful.

Reviewed 3 October 2011

We've been to Galena Cellars and Rocky Water and this was our best experience. The staff were polite and full of knowledge. They weren't overcrowded when we were there (a typical experience at the other two) which meant our tasting was a great experience. The personalized tour was fun and all of our questions were answered. The wine was nice ... and we even got to sample some grapes from the vine. Worth the 10-15 minute drive from Galena. (Be aware our GPS wanted us to go down a road that was closed but quickly recalculated ... the winery said the closed road isn't even the fastest way, so no worries)