“Great pulled pork!”
Review of Sharks Roadhouse - CLOSED

Sharks Roadhouse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped by on a Sunday night on the way home from Galena. The place was very quiet which meant the wait staff was very attentive. We ordered pulled pork sandwiches - definitely some of the best we have ever had!! Decor is great, too. Would go here again :)

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We went on a Sunday for an early dinner. The location is perfect for people driving from the Chicago area to Galena or vice versa. The atmosphere is terrific, and it's a great place for families.

The food was very good. I especially liked the fried pickles, the fried okra, and the BBQ chicken. There were three sauces to choose from but they were just average. Some of the people at our table mixed all three together and said it was delicious that way.

The only problem we had was the service. It was BAD. Horrible even. I ordered coffee and when it came I had to ask for silverware so I had something to stir it with. I had my neice go grab some after 20 minutes of waiting and by that time my coffee was cold. The waitress refilled it twice and both times the coffee was barely above room temperature. The silverware finally showed up with the food. After sitting and watching my food get cold for a bit, we sent my neice to go fetch the BBQ sauces. She probably worked as much as the waitress.

When we finished and asked for the checks, both were wrong. We got overcharged. My sister's family got undercharged. By quite a bit. It took the waitress two trips back to the table to fix the bills.

All in all a nice place, but the service was just so bad I'm not sure I'd go back. I much prefer Poopy's in Savannah. The food isn't quite as good, but the service is great and it makes for a much more pleasant meal.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

By far the tastiest Beef Brisket I've ever had. 3 difference sauces. I had half and half beef brisket and pulled pork. I could have had 3 meats, and added the baby back ribs, but the portions are huge. The atmosphere is a fun western style saloon, tastfully decorated with ample size. They have a stage for entertainment with plenty of seating space. The bar is stocked with several beer choices and liquor. I will visit again!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is a mandatory stop for our family when we travel from Chicago to Galena. The BBQ is all fantastic and the atmosphere is loads of fun. The place is clean and has several different areas to hang out... the bar, the tables & stage area, and even a nice party room. My favorite is the outdoor pavillion on a nice evening... great spot for a sunset view. I highly recommend checking out this colorful Road House!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

A must if you're in the Galena area. Great BBQ! The BBQ sliders are delicious, and we especially liked the fried pickles! Family friendly for lunch or dinner, and very clean. There's a party room and an outdoor pavillion. We will definitely be back.