Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins
Hometown Inn(Morganfield)
Regency Inn(Eddyville)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Patti's Inn & Suites(Grand Rivers)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfire pitwalnut hillmaple oakrim rockcozy cabingames and dvdsenjoyed the peace and quietunique stayincluding wificlaw foot tubgreat hostssouthern illinoishickory hollowfishing gearown mealsupstairs loftporch swing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the White Oak treehouse with my husband and two young boys (ages 6 & 10). The treehouse was perfect! The treehouse was very well designed. My boys loved climbing the ladder to the loft. Outside, my boys loved the smiley face swing! We had everything we needed for a wonderful stay. During our stay, we used the grill and fire pit provided to make dinner and roast marshmallows. We played board games and went fishing at the owner's well stocked pond. We will be back again soon. We may try a cabin next time because they also looked very nice.
Recommendations if you stay..bring groceries, charcoal, lighter fluid, fishing bait, etc with you. (nearest store is approximately 25 min away) The TV channels are limited, so you may want to bring a couple DVDs in case the weather keeps you inside. Oh, and be sure to read and sign the treehouse's journal!! My kids and I really thought that was neat!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had a great time here with my partner. We stayed in Sassafras Ridge cabin for 2 nights. We were made to feel very welcome, and the owners really have thought of everything. If you want to cook all you need to bring is food and drink - silverware, plates, saucepans etc are all here.
I've lived in a city for 15 years, but grew up in the countryside - it was so nice to see so many stars at night for the first time in forever.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent 3 nights with my significant other and our dog in the smaller treehouse cabin. The outpost was quiet and laid back. The property is gorgeous and we had fun day adventures at nearby attractions (rim rock, garden of the gods, metropolis 1 hour away).

The treehouse was fully furnished and we had everything we needed. Although the price may seem a little steep, we saved money by cooking all our meals, and had a much better experience than staying at a traditional holiday inn.

The treehouse may not be for everyone, those with bad hips/knees may not appreciate the stair climb up and the ladder to the loft. But for those willing to make the trip it is very much worth it.

If you're headed to the area, even just for a night, this is most definitely the place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Our first trip to Timber Ridge was wonderful. Right in the heart of the Shawnee nat'l forest and conveniently located to the famous Garden of the Gods therein. Timber Ridge is well known for its treehouse cabins (and rightly so) but we stayed in the Sassafras cabin which is one of their standard cabins. Fantastic!! It is a true log cabin with all modern amenities. Beautiful and spotlessly clean interior with a rustic feel. Outstanding kitchen, bathroom (with claw foot tub,and shower), and living area. The upstairs contained two beds and a daybed. Each floor had ample climate control. The beds were quite comfy. Large quantity of wood nearby for fires in the firepit by the hammock and camping style chairs. Pet friendly! Extremely convenient. Truly a hassle free location. Elizabeth and her staff have thought of it all. All you have to do is show up! Bring all the food you want and cook and serve on the ware provided or drive a short distance to your favorite restaurant. I will be returning without a doubt!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Maple Oak Treehouse provided by Timberridge Outposts and Cabins and it was everything I could have ever imagined! My boyfriend and I, along with another couple stayed duringg Memorial Day Weekend. Great star gazing field, hammocks everywhere, and short drives to other main attractions. We saw Garden of the Gods, Rim Rock, and from Rim Rock we hiked to Pounds Hollow Lake. Beautiful scenery and the treehouse was very clean and well kept. Elizabeth answered all of my questions quickly and thoroughly and was very helpful. I hope to return sometime!

• Stayed: May 2014