“Extremely convinient, BUT....”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Sydney, Australia
“Extremely convinient, BUT....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

A branch office of my company is across the street, so it's extremely convinient for me to stay there...the staff were friendly, almost everything was OK... But my room was horrible. The beds wer nice and comfy as ever, but everything else was outdated. Massive black stains on the ceiling, the desk chair from the 1980's, small bathroom...just generally not a good room. Oh, of course I also had my room the furthest away possible.
I was on the ground floor and many co-workers who were all either on 2nd or 3rd mentioned their rooms were fine. Maybe it's just the ground floor that needs some serious refurbishment.
I will for sure remember to ask for an upstairs room next time...so yes, I would actually return ...

Room Tip: Not on Ground Floor!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for your thoughts and review of our hotel. We are one of the original hotels in the Chicago area, and are proud to be rated one of the cleanest and friendliest around within our Holiday Inn family of hotels. We're glad you'll be back, please feel free to contact me personally should you have any questions or concerns.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Holiday Inn - they do what they do quite well. It's not upscale at all, but it meets all of your needs. The rooms are standard, with comfortable beds & all is in good repair. There is a fairly large restaurant/bar downstairs that is open late - dinner stops at 10 PM, drinks at midnight (at least during the week). There are several restaurants that will delive to the hotel. The indoor pool was set at 84 degrees when I was there - very comfy, especially as the hot tub was under repair. Staff are friendly & accommodating, parking is sufficient, and the area seems safe enough. There is a convenient store right next to the hotel, which is nice when you have to fill up a rental on the way back to the airport. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport, so it's great for business travelers. It's a decent drive to the city, so take a cab if you're going out to have fun. They have two computers available near the lobby area. Breakfast is available in the morning, and consists of very standard fare. There are snacks available 24x7 in the lobby. Overall, this is a place I would stay again on business or family travel, but not for special occasions.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your thoughts on our hotel, we appreciate your recap and notes. Hope to see you back soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I actually drove a few extra miles to stay at this property as I heard fantastic things from my co-workers. I am glad that I did. Great service and the rooms to match. I will be sure to return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you very much for making the trip to stay with us, we appreciate your loyalty to not only us, but our brand!
Rochester, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

My company has reserved both sleeping and presentation rooms for many of our employees at this hotel over the past 5 years. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn at Elk Grove Village on 5 occasions. Each time, the desk and banquet staff provided great service and personal attention. The sleeping rooms were comfortable, providing adequate space for work, room service meals, and sleep. I've slept in rooms facing the outside of the building as well as the inner courtyard. At no time have I been bothered by the sound of planes landing at neighboring O'Hare Airport! The banquet staff has always organized the presentation rooms to our specifications and provided refills of muffins and beverages throughout the morning. At lunchtime, staff tidied up the room, replacing water pitchers and cleaning up any scrap materials left by seminar participants. I would highly recommend this hotel to pleasure as well as business travelers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
We live and die by our repeat and loyal customers, thank you! Please never hesitate to let us know if you ever receive anything less than what you've experienced thus far.
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I needed to come to Elk Grove to be by my sister who is in Alexian Brothers Rehab center. I called ahead and asked for a good rate because I noticed they were not on Alexian's web site as a hotel and I have always had good luck with Holiday Inn (express). They were kind enough to understand and gave me a comparable rate. Check in was great and received a great breakfast. The only two things I can say bad about the place was bathroom was slightly small and I was really looking forward to sitting in the hot tub after a long day at rehab center with my sister. It was covered and not able to use. Other than that I would stay again. Thanks to all at Holiday Inn in Elk Grove

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your note, I'm glad we were able to accomodate and hope you're back soon!
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Spent my first and last night at this place this week. Was there for a business meeting and the place is dated, the halls dim and the room was non-smoking but smelled like it had been smoked in....sometime. If you like the sound of jets landing stay at this place. Desk chair had me sitting like a child at a table, 110v plugs on desk did not work. Does anyone like the 5 small pillow idea? They are about the size of my head so don't move once you lay on them. Thin walls, noise really traveled so I kept the fan on all night. My special rate of $89 was about $30 more than it was worth. I'll stay elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: Don't stay.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you for your comments. Although we are close to O'Hare airport, our noise complaints are very few and far inbetween. I apologize if this disturbed you during your stay.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Staff was efficient and friendly. Allowed us to park our car for free for 10 days. Very good deal.

Rooms were comfortable and quiet.

We will be back to stat again.

• Stayed March 2012
Jim C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our Park, Sleep and Fly rate! We hope your trip was nice, and look forward to seeing you on your next trip out of O'Hare.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Courtyard Chicago O'Hare
Courtyard Chicago O'Hare
#3 of 9 in Des Plaines

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove? Share your experiences!